Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lake Map

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Map

Guys (and gals) - I'm looking for a really good map of Nolin River Lake. Please point me in the right direction! I'm looking for a better one than the one you buy at wallie world.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm afraid youre out of luck... that is about as good as they come. Atlantic GPS maps are the best you can get that show great detail and even creek channels... but they only make those for Dale Hollow, Kentucky, and Barkley for our lakes here in Kentucky. You might want to take the hotspots you get at wally world and compare it to the online maps you find at the angling technoligies they mention on this site or fishidy.com and plug in some extra or missing info.

Post Thanks / Like
    As pastorbass mentioned...try fishidy.com or if you have a iPhone/iPad, you can download the navionics app. The navionics is really nice and you can even mark GPS spots if you have wireless.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might try these guys.

http://www.fishin.com/forums2/sponso...hnologies.html

If they don't have Nolin they maybe could add it. You could print out the sections you want in as much detail you want and take them with you. I emailed them to see about Nolin they may respond back in this thread.

Sent from my smartphone using Forum Runner Mobile App

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Nolin Contours

Gents - I own Angling Technologies - I can get contour data for you and a shaded view of depth. It will take me a bit but I'll have it for you. You can then overlay it on multiple types of imagery and do whatever you want with it.
    Brian Welde
    Angling Technologies- Fishing Maps

Visit our site

Post Thanks / Like
    Brian- how will these guys know when the Nolin contour maps are avaiable?

Post Thanks / Like
    You can also use mytopo.com they have pretty good maps and you can also use the satellite feature.

Post Thanks / Like

lake malone

Quote Originally Posted by bwelde View Post
    Gents - I own Angling Technologies - I can get contour data for you and a shaded view of depth. It will take me a bit but I'll have it for you. You can then overlay it on multiple types of imagery and do whatever you want with it.

Can you also do a contour map of lake malone--ive not been able to find a contour map of malone anywhere

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Nolin Contours

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Brian- how will these guys know when the Nolin contour maps are avaiable?

Peter - I will post it on this board. With our site you get to see depth contours and/or shaded depth on top of Bing, Google, and US Department of Agriculture imagery.
    Brian Welde

Visit our site

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Malone

Quote Originally Posted by vetbass View Post
    Can you also do a contour map of lake malone--ive not been able to find a contour map of malone anywhere
    Yes - I can do that one too.
    Brian Welde

Visit our site

Post Thanks / Like

Maps

Why dont most maps show the creeks and channels?

Post Thanks / Like

Creeks and Channels

Generally you can use the depth changes from contours to see where the creek and channels run. We also offer a shaded depth feature that makes it easier to pick these types of features out. As for the exact location of creeks and channels - they change over time as the lake bottom gradually gets filled in.

Also, the data used for making most maps (outside of doing an on the water survey) generally don't show these features. On our site you can turn on USGS Topos maps with will sometimes show creeks and river channels. The Nolin River Lake map will be based on USGS Topo maps.
    Brian Welde

Visit our site