Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lews Reels? which one?

i have been seeing alot of people talking up the Lews reels. Im looking for a baitcaster reel that is goof for worm fishing. Which one of these Lews reel models is the best for worm fishing. Or is there a different brand that is better than the Lews. Thanks for all the info

Post Thanks / Like
    This one's been up for a few hours, with no response, so I'll give you my opinion. I would think anything from an
    SS1SH and up would be fine. The laser series may be okay but I believe that the aluminum frame reels provide a better platform to keep the components aligned. I have and use the SS1SH. It's pretty smooth and casts very well.
    That reel, and I would assume the more upper end reels appear to be very similar to the Revo's and some BPS reels, inside and out. I'm not saying they are exactly the same, because they're not, but very close. Right now, I'm waiting to see how durable it's going to be. I love the paddle handles, the weight and how it fits in my hand. I prefer the 7.1:1 ratio, as it allows me to take up slack quickly and keep my line tight when a fish picks it up and runs at me or after I've stuck him and he runs at me. It's a bad feeling when one runs at you and you can't catch up to it. Hope this is somewhat helpful to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Lews

I will second that...I just picked up a couple of the SS1H and love them. I would not get the Laser model.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Just bought the ss1h today. Threw some 14 lb bps floro on it and hit the yard. All I can say is its super smooth and will flat sling even the lightest of baits. Can't wait to get it on the water, got a feeling it may take a little getting used to. Very sweet over all.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too have been looking at trying out a Lews. My concern with the ss1sh is the 10lb max drag...is that enough? Has anyone had any trouble landing bigger bass? Hopefully not, my wallet would like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought this one and LOVE it. Very good reel for the price

Lews Reels Tournament MG Casting | Monster Fishing Tackle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought about the drag issue or lack of and decided I would opt for a medium action with fast tip. It's give and take with so many options available. I like the combo so far for yard fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have reels with drags ranging from 20+ lbs. to 8. I typically don't fish a lot of heavy slop, so drag power, for me, really isn't that big of a deal. In my opinion, 8 to 10 lbs of drag pressure is plenty. In fact, I tend to adjust my drag pressure down a little and may bump it up some if I get into a good one and feel the need to slow it down just a tad.
    Also, I should point out that I typically use 10 lb test.

Post Thanks / Like
    i just bought a lew's Laser mg speed spool combo.I found it at Wally world. Original price was 99.00 and was reduced to 79.00. I liked the rod a 6'6'' mh fast action tip. And the 8 bearing 7:1:1 gear reel. The rod had the micro guides and split grip handle. When i got it home I realized the spool tention cap was missing. (probly why it was discounted) So I called Lew's and ask if I could buy a replacement cap. I was suprised when they said it would be no charge and I got it two days later. i can't wait to try it out on the water. In the mean time I'm certainly immpressed with their service...