Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Early Stage of Parkinson's Disease for Elnut

Found out today. Keep adding it on because I'm not dead yet. Is this the best you can do ?? Surely you got a better illness to give me than what I already deal with every dayy

Post Thanks / Like
    Elwood, I don't have the words...will continue to pray for the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    My dad was diagnosed with Parkinsons some 15 years ago. Definitely made some changes in his life, more so over the last couple of years. You can still lead a fairly normal life. Just gotta keep up with the meds and get them situated. They'll have to adjust the meds from time to time and it may take some trial and error to get them right. Start physical theropy now. The more you can build your body up now, the more you'll be able to do later. There are also a number of support groups around for parkinsons. You might look into a local one. Parents have found the one in their area to be real useful. They've gotten plenty of good info from other patients that doctors could never have told them. More along the lines of everyday living. If you have questions, feel free to PM me.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Like Tim said I don't have the words either....geez your not catching any breaks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    My dad was diagnosed with Parkinsons some 15 years ago. Definitely made some changes in his life, more so over the last couple of years. You can still lead a fairly normal life. Just gotta keep up with the meds and get them situated. They'll have to adjust the meds from time to time and it may take some trial and error to get them right. Start physical theropy now. The more you can build your body up now, the more you'll be able to do later. There are also a number of support groups around for parkinsons. You might look into a local one. Parents have found the one in their area to be real useful. They've gotten plenty of good info from other patients that doctors could never have told them. More along the lines of everyday living. If you have questions, feel free to PM me.

Andrew
    Thanks Andrew, right now so mad I am just going to let it. Run its course. Taking 27 pills a day as it is that I am going to quit taking. Tired of all of it

Post Thanks / Like
    Elwood, quite understandable. I believe everyone goes through something similar. Like anything else in life, it is what you can make it. Yes, as the disease wears on it will become harder to do the things that you used to do easily. Chose to go down fighting and you'll make the most out of it. As for dad, he and my mother are currently on a cruise through the Panama Canal and parts down south for a couple of weeks. Work on keeping muscle mass now and you'll be able to continue doing much of what you do now for many years.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    Elwood, quite understandable. I believe everyone goes through something similar. Like anything else in life, it is what you can make it. Yes, as the disease wears on it will become harder to do the things that you used to do easily. Chose to go down fighting and you'll make the most out of it. As for dad, he and my mother are currently on a cruise through the Panama Canal and parts down south for a couple of weeks. Work on keeping muscle mass now and you'll be able to continue doing much of what you do now for many years.

Andrew
    Trust me, I have been fighting since March 9, 2003 and not sure I can fight every day what I do fight plus Parkinson's

Post Thanks / Like
    My best friend has what his doctors described as pretty sever case of Parkinson's. He had an operation where they inserted something in his brain that gives off electrical charges that help to control it better. That operation helped him tremendously, there is a noticeable difference. If it starts to get bad you may want to look into that as an option.

I know it is a cliche, but try and not let it get you down. You will be in my prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    My best friend has what his doctors described as pretty sever case of Parkinson's. He had an operation where they inserted something in his brain that gives off electrical charges that help to control it better. That operation helped him tremendously, there is a noticeable difference. If it starts to get bad you may want to look into that as an option.

I know it is a cliche, but try and not let it get you down. You will be in my prayers.
    I appreciate it. One thing I have hated the last 10 years is not having a definite answer or ending to all I have been thru. At least I do with Parkinson's

Post Thanks / Like
    Hang in there man!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is going to stink. Dropped 2 bowls, a pan of biscuits and 2 glasses today. Not going to enjoy these sudden uncontrollable impulses that my hands twitch and open.

Post Thanks / Like
    Elnut I am going to keep praying for a miracle.