Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bluegrass Yakmasters 2013 Membership Info!

The Bluegrass Yakmasters (a kayak fishing tournament club and series) are proud to announce that we're officially accepting membership applications starting TODAY! We've tried to make the process simple in terms of the application only being 2 pages, with quite a few benefits to membership beyond just being able to participate in all of our tournaments (aside from the Opener on April 6th at Cedar Creek Lake which is open to EVERYONE that is fishing from an approved, man-powered vessel).

We have a Note detailing everything on our Facebook page, which can be found by clicking here http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/blu...15125835295038

If you havent had a chance to "Like" our page on Facebook yet, please do so to keep up with the latest news, photos and videos

If you dont have facebook, and have trouble viewing the note, please let me know and I'll post the information here as well, but it should be viewable to everyone, regardless of whether you have a facebook account or not.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding membership or the club itself!

Our tournament schedule:
    --- April 6th, 1st Annual Bluegrass YakMasters Open Tournament @ Cedar Creek Lake
    For the following 'Qualifying' events, participants must be a registered club member
    --- April 27th @ Lake Cumberland
    --- May 18th @ Green River Lake
    --- June 8th @ Elkhorn Creek*
    --- June 22nd @ Stoner Creek
    --- July 27th @ S. Fork of the Licking River
    --- August 10th @ Elkhorn Creek*
    --- August 24th @ Beaver Lake
    --- September 28th @ Guist Creek Lake
    --- October 26th & 27th Bluegrass YakMaster Classic Championship @ Cedar Creek Lake+
    * Tournament will be joined with the Elkhorn Creek Fishing Series, and will be open to the N. Fork, S. Fork, and Main Stem.
    + To fish in the Classic Championship, club members must participate in 5 of 8 Qualifying events.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems rather EKY/NKY centric.

Any thoughts on branching out into the central and western parts of the state?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I would consider Beaver, Green River, Cumberland, Cedar, Stoner & Elkhorn to be very Central. and Green, Beaver, and Guist would be considered moderately western. The only thing on the schedule that could be considered EKY is the Licking River.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    Seems rather EKY/NKY centric.

Any thoughts on branching out into the central and western parts of the state?
    Smash,

Great question! We would already consider quite a few of our bodies of water to be centrally located, as pointed out by MagikSmallie, such as Green, Cumberland, Cedar, Stoner and Elkhorn. With this being our inaugural year, we wanted to host the tournaments on bodies of water that our founding members had some connections to (in terms of hosting locations, etc) just to make things a bit easier. Next year we hope to branch out further to hit bodies of water that are further spread out across the state.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    I think I would consider Beaver, Green River, Cumberland, Cedar, Stoner & Elkhorn to be very Central. and Green, Beaver, and Guist would be considered moderately western. The only thing on the schedule that could be considered EKY is the Licking River.
    Don't take this the wrong way but people around here don't tend to even think of Bowling Green as a Western KY city. South central KY is the moniker they have hung on it. With that in mind GRL is 2 hours east of BG.

I know there is a kayak league out of Nashville/Mid TN that has some tournaments but my understanding with them is that you meet the night before the tournament and then fish wherever you want the next day and then weigh in (pictures) that afternoon. I prefer the idea of everybody fishing the same body of water.

I'd think Lake Malone, Green River proper, Rough, and Nolin would make excellent bigger water lakes to have an event on. Rough and Nolin are not all that far away from Louisville. BRL might be a bit heavy on traffic to make it a good/safe spot, but Barren River proper around BG would be fine for kayaking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we had a good discussion until the forum police came along and moved a Kentucky fishing topic over into this black hole of a sub-forum.

Thank goodness they left the swap meet and navionics chips threads there though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    Well, we had a good discussion until the forum police came along and moved a Kentucky fishing topic over into this black hole of a sub-forum.

Thank goodness they left the swap meet and navionics chips threads there though.
    You aren't kidding! I still dont understand the disdain power boaters have for kayak fisherman. It's not like we dont share a love for the same sport, we just have different ways of getting to the fish. But, for whatever reason the disdain comes from, I think that's why they created a forum dedicated to kayak, canoe, and other paddle fishing... Not because they felt we wanted our own area, but so they felt they wouldnt have to read about it as often.