Search Fishin.com

Thread: C-land

Post Thanks / Like

C-land

hey guys,had trouble with boat last summer didnt get to fish much,replacement arrived late fall im itchin to go down to cumberland anybody have advise on whats going on would like to go end of Feb. I dont float a fly think i have a chance. lol thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro-7 View Post
    hey guys,had trouble with boat last summer didnt get to fish much,replacement arrived late fall im itchin to go down to cumberland anybody have advise on whats going on would like to go end of Feb. I dont float a fly think i have a chance. lol thanks
    My buddy and I went down there last weekend just to knock the dust off both the boat and ourselves. water temp was 44 and had a nice stain to it. we were mid-upper part of the lake. Lily, Greasy etc. we just hit the bluff-Channel banks and the best bite was on mid-deep diving cranks hooked up on 7 or 8 fish. a couple decent 17-18"ers and lost one that felt really really nice. But I would just crank on bluffs and points and see what you get!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    My buddy and I went down there last weekend just to knock the dust off both the boat and ourselves. water temp was 44 and had a nice stain to it. we were mid-upper part of the lake. Lily, Greasy etc. we just hit the bluff-Channel banks and the best bite was on mid-deep diving cranks hooked up on 7 or 8 fish. a couple decent 17-18"ers and lost one that felt really really nice. But I would just crank on bluffs and points and see what you get!
    I was out last Saturday too. I would say the water was almost brown in the mid-lake. We found clearer water up in the creek. We caught a SM, Striper and KY on FNF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got out last Saturday and Sunday. Saturday by Low Gap Island I ran into a school of striper, nothing big but caught 6 on swimbaits. Sunday before the rain started I caught 2 largemouths, a spot and smallmouth on crankbaits fishing secondary points. Like reported earlier stained to Beaver and pretty clear after that, water temps 44-45... Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    I was out last Saturday too. I would say the water was almost brown in the mid-lake. We found clearer water up in the creek. We caught a SM, Striper and KY on FNF.
    Hey Know1, how well does that FNF work in stained water?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    Hey Know1, how well does that FNF work in stained water?
    Not very well. That's why we had to find clearer water.