Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yamaha Ring Free Plus

We've always used Ring Free in our Yamaha 150 V-Max since it was new. We've never had the first problem with the engine. Has anyone used Ring Free Plus? If so, do you recommend? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's great stuff!!!! Will always use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do u catch more fish using it ?

Post Thanks / Like
    ive never used a single additive and probably wont until i see evidence that im not throwing money in a toilet

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
    ive never used a single additive and probably wont until i see evidence that im not throwing money in a toilet
    With commercial fuel relying heavily on diluting gasoline with Ethanol I would highly recommend using a ethanol treatment of some kind. There is plenty of documented evidence that supports the destructive nature of ethanol in outboard motors. It would be well worth the few dollars a year invested in additives/treatment than replacing an entire outboard because of ethanol. Even if it won't cure the destruction of your outboard it very well may at the very least delay the breakdown of rubber gaskets/hoses and at least extend the life of your motor. That alone makes it well worth it to me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    With commercial fuel relying heavily on diluting gasoline with Ethanol I would highly recommend using a ethanol treatment of some kind. There is plenty of documented evidence that supports the destructive nature of ethanol in outboard motors. It would be well worth the few dollars a year invested in additives/treatment than replacing an entire outboard because of ethanol. Even if it won't cure the destruction of your outboard it very well may at the very least delay the breakdown of rubber gaskets/hoses and at least extend the life of your motor. That alone makes it well worth it to me!
    +1

Post Thanks / Like
    i try to use mine as i buy it. and fish often. the stuff setting around is harder on the fuel than anything

Post Thanks / Like
    I use ring free and staybil every time I get gas. It does not cost that much and the cost of a damaged motor is a lot more that you are saving by not using it.

Post Thanks / Like
    We've always used Ring Free since we bought the boat. Ring Free Plus came on the market a while back. The plus part of it is supposed to be an ethanol stabilizer incorporated with the carbon deposit remover. It's a very good idea in theory but just a little spooky to think about changing when we've had such good luck with regular Ring Free.

Using zx150's example, a person would only have to use Ring Free Plus instead of Ring Free and Stabil, that is if Ring Free Plus does what it's advertised to do. I'm just wondering if it really does cover both bases.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've run Ring free in my Yammy since it was new. Is it totally necessary maybe not but it really can't hurt and it makes me feel good......

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Seafoam in my 03 Yamaha and stabil in every tank, No problems so far.