Search Fishin.com

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Guntersville Help!!!

Hey everyone, I tried posting this in the Alabama section and no one responded. I was hoping my old Kentucky boys could help me out. I am going to go down to Lake Guntersville March 13th. Any advice on places to fish or baits to throw would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

guntersville,lake

quite a few reports on wmi.org website .lake guides and fisherman alike. may be some on bass boat central ,too

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the wmi.org link that I use:
    Bass Fishing Reports for Alabama from the Bass Fishing Home Page

Baits - red lipless cranks in grass, alabama rig around bridges...good luck finding a bridge without a dozen other boats with two or three guys also throwing the alabama rig though, watermelon lizzards, suspending jerkbaits at grass lines, black and blue jigs in creek channels.

You're going at a great time, should be a lot of fun. Good luck and let us know how you do!

Post Thanks / Like

Heading the next week.

Thanks for the help guys. I am also heading down there in march, but the week after. Never been. Pretty pumped. They have a tourney coming out of where we are putting in at so that might make things interesting. Good Luck to you buddy. Hope you don't catch them all man. I c your from the same area too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dsonthelake84 View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. I am also heading down there in march, but the week after. Never been. Pretty pumped. They have a tourney coming out of where we are putting in at so that might make things interesting. Good Luck to you buddy. Hope you don't catch them all man. I c your from the same area too.
    One suggestion if you're going in March.....DO NOT go on a weekend. Your best bet is to go Mon-Wednesday. I made the mistake of going on a weekend before and I will never do it again.....it really wasnt even fun. You can pretty much walk across the boats in the bays. I was fishing the big flat in South Sautty (spelling?) and counted 39 boats around me.

Post Thanks / Like
    i second that on fishing on the weekends. We are going down in a few weeks. we are leaving on a saturday and fishing to the next saturday. It usually thins out on sunday and picks back up on friday. Be mindful when u are down there about leaving things in your vehicle.. Last year i was down there a truck was taken right infront of waterfront ramp. Also we caught someone looking in our windows as we came back to the ramp from the water. they took off in a hurry. We always keep all valuables out of sight for sure down there. Thats just a heads up though and its an amazing place to fish. I look for humps in open water out there. it will go from 10 feet to 2 feet and i set on the down river side of the hump and fish. On that lake they can raise and lower the water a foot or so a day. I also like to fish the bridges and road cuts but know if the flow is coming in and going out if there not generating the flow is going up the creek and the flow will be on the upper side of the creek and vice versa if there pulling... HAVE FUN AND HOLD ON DOWN THERE... I like the XR 50 in rayburn red down there.. also a carolina rigged lizzard... Believe it or not i have wore them out on a smoke purple 4.5 inch tube carolina rigged down there.. I would imagine they dont see a tube down there to much... Hope this helps...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the Info

I just wanted to say thanks for all the help so far, and the information. I appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBassmaster View Post
    Hey everyone, I tried posting this in the Alabama section and no one responded. I was hoping my old Kentucky boys could help me out. I am going to go down to Lake Guntersville March 13th. Any advice on places to fish or baits to throw would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone.
    Rattle baits, Rattle baits, Rattle baits, red, chrome, orange, it really doesn't matter I'm planning on making a trip down towards the end of the month but I've always done well through rattle traps this time of year, concentrate on the flats keep your trolling motor on high till you figure out where the fish are don't be scared to an A-rig on the flats either you should of planned it about right a new moon with temps in the 60's I have a buddy there now and they are catching fish on traps not much over 5 lbs yet but that will change in the upcoming weeks good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    My first trip to Guntersville on 3-25-13. I can't wait. How about posting some results from fisherman going earlier in the month???

Post Thanks / Like
    Me and a buddy will be there 3/22 - 3/24. We are fishing in the big bass splash. Ill try and post when I get home and hopefully be able to give you some kinda report. This will be my first time on the big G, I'm real excited about going but not to thrilled about how crowded its gona be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBassmaster View Post
    We always go the last week of March or the first week of April. The lipless cranks are a definite (I like the XR50's and the Strike King Red Eye series). Swimming flukes, suspendin jerkbaits and square-billed crankbaits are also go-to-lures for us. My most consistent fish-catcher is a lizard Texas rigged with a 3/16 oz. tungsten sinker.

Post Thanks / Like
    My college buddy lived in that area. All he threw were lipless cranks. He also said other fishermen would either pull up next to you or run over your hole.