Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inrll View Post
    What kind of fishing will you normally be doing? Small lakes, rivers, larger lakes? I ask because the Nucanoe is a great kayak but if you'll be fishing anywhere that you'll need to paddle distances you may want to consider the Nucanoe's paddling efficiency. As wide as it is it can be a real bear to paddle for any length of time.
    *I am only going off of what I've heard others say and have not paddled one myself.
    Thanks, this would only be for smaller waters and likely less paddling. I have another boat that is my main fishing boat. I was just wanting something to use on occasions at some places that the other boat isn't allowed. Plus I could use a little more exercise so if I can incorporate fishing with being a little more active it is a win-win . I would also like to be able to take one of my children with me on occasion. Some type of fishing kayak sounds like it will do the trick. I do also have serious back trouble so I likely won't be going any long distances with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Kayak

If you want to take a child or anyone with you; you may need to get a tandem seat kayak. But if you do that; you probably will not want to do any fishing.

I have a Malibu Mini Kayak 9'3" that weighs 40 pounds. You can get the Stealth in 12 or 14 foot 60 and 64 pounds. The price points are $650, $1,000 and $1,300. If you are talking about taking a child along and also fishing; you may both need to have your own kayaks. Don't know how old a child. For the price of one Hobie; you can get two of the Malibu kayaks and still have money left over to outfit them both how you want.

I am very happy with my Malibu kayak. I am not knocking other brands; but just food for thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Hobie

By the way; if I can ever afford it, I would love to get a Hobie. But I may spend an extra couple thousand and get a bass boat instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    My children are much to young to go out in their own kayak. That is one of the things that attracted me to the NuCanoe. It looks like that fairly easily it can be set up for one or two so I can use it by myself and then pop in the second seat when I want to take one of them with me. Here, having experience yourself check this video and tell me what you think.

All About NuCanoe Fishing - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Nu Canoe

Looks good. I don't know that I would want to fish tandem in one unless you could turn seats back to back. I have fished two and three out of a much longer canoe; and that is interesting at times.

Post Thanks / Like

Nu Canoe

By the way; if you want to try one out; they have them at Canoe Kentucky outside of Frankfort.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by publican57 View Post
    By the way; if you want to try one out; they have them at Canoe Kentucky outside of Frankfort.
    Thanks, I just might have to take the drive and check them out.