Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

If you have ever wanted to be your own boss

Wonder how many days you would have to work?

Fishing/hunting store for sale

Billy

Post Thanks / Like
    At one time I thought I would like to do that but now....no way. It would kill me to work around that stuff....it would feel like work and what would I do for fun?

Post Thanks / Like

not a job,purgatory

I had a very good friend who owned a bait shop on the east side of chicago. Late spring and summer hrs 0400 to 1900 hrs 7 days a week.Winter 0600 hrs to 1600 hrs, 6 days a week. His wife and son helped, he loved to fish, got to go maybe 7 days a year! Chuck strange, hires help to keep his store open. I had only two chances to fish with hin in 10 years. When I moved down here my son said he'd stake me for two years to become a striper guide on cumberland. We fished with 4 guides in a month, it isn't worth the money earned,two of those guides went out of business. My cousin is a guide in northrn wisc and upper michigan, winter and summer, its a cut throat business.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just wonder how often a guy would get to go fishing if he started a lure manufacturing company? NOT VERY!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to own a metal spinning company in Ohio and worked a minimum of 5.5 days per week with some 6 day wks and a few 7 days wks. My average amount of work hours was probably 60. I actually gave up fishing for about 15 years when I started running the business.

onemorecast56 Guest
    The Ex and I had a chance to buy my fav resort in Ely Mn for 150.000 back in the early 80`s..looked into it till i said something about me guiding and she would take care of the resort...She put the stop to that quick! Told me that the hell she be running things while i fish all day,,,so after taking to the owner and asked questions and watched him,,,no way,,he was always working on the place and taking care of the people,,told me he might get to fish once aweek after things quiet down in the evening or i watched him go out at night,,,looked fun,,sounded fun,,,wife no fun!