Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonefish View Post
    I heard from an unlikely source that a 14+, new state record, was shocked up in Cedar, but I would have thought someone on here would have commented on it by now so I have been thinking it was all a rumor.
    I've heard the same, Bonefish. I think it's possible that it IS true. But I'm looking for the largest pulled from there by conventional fishing means

Post Thanks / Like
    If someone was to catch a monster 10# plus bass from there where could you take it and get it weighed on certified scales?? The tackle shop up the road?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    If someone was to catch a monster 10# plus bass from there where could you take it and get it weighed on certified scales?? The tackle shop up the road?
    Not sure. I've been in that shop, I would kind of be surprised if they had some certified scales there. But you'd think being built specifically as a "trophy bass" lake, that they would have somewhere near there that you could have a bass officially weighed. I know they're planning (or at least were, dont know if it's still on the drawing board) to build a state-owned marina out there. If that comes to fruition, I would think they would have a certified scale there if there isnt want to be found elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be the same 14 pounder shocked at Guist Creek and Malone that has been rumored. After the terrible management of Cedar Creek by KFW, they would have posters of that fish all over the state saying "we told you it was a trophy lake". No way a 14 was shocked out of Cedar without KFW puffing out their chest. Until its caught and official records are in place I don't believe it

Post Thanks / Like

Do Tell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    That would be the same 14 pounder shocked at Guist Creek and Malone that has been rumored. After the terrible management of Cedar Creek by KFW, they would have posters of that fish all over the state saying "we told you it was a trophy lake". No way a 14 was shocked out of Cedar without KFW puffing out their chest. Until its caught and official records are in place I don't believe it
    Just curious why such a shot at the KDFWR. Can you tell me what is wrong with the management practices of Cedar Creek? Just curious what they need to do to improve the lake?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1678 View Post
    Just curious why such a shot at the KDFWR. Can you tell me what is wrong with the management practices of Cedar Creek? Just curious what they need to do to improve the lake?
    KDFWR opened the lake to fishing at least a year too early. Seems to me that a TROPHY LAKE would want to establish a couple of spawning classes plus build up the forage in the lake to get the Trophies a solid starting foundation. That is in the past and now they have to figure out how to correct those mistakes while it is open to fishing. Major current issue, AMISH are cleaning out the lake. No matter the size no matter the limit no matter the species. Until the Amish culture is busted and held to the same rules and regulations as the rest of us, Cedar Creek can be cleaned out just like a 784 acre farm pond when over harvesting occurs. Why such a shot at KDFWR, you ask? Because all the dollars from all the fishing liscense to create this Trophy Lake has been a waste if you ask me. The lake was damned up in 2002, filled in 2003 (ahead of schedule due to excessive rain which is not KDFWR fault) but just because it is full of water doesnt mean turn loose the fishermen. 11 and 10 years ago respectively and how many 8, 9 or 10 pounders have been verified? How many post have been read stating "my best five would have went 30 pounds" out of Cedar Creek? Just saying KDFWR dropped the ball from Day 1 and no end in sight to their Butter Fingers on this project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some posts are "almost" laughable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    KDFWR opened the lake to fishing at least a year too early. Seems to me that a TROPHY LAKE would want to establish a couple of spawning classes plus build up the forage in the lake to get the Trophies a solid starting foundation. That is in the past and now they have to figure out how to correct those mistakes while it is open to fishing. Major current issue, AMISH are cleaning out the lake. No matter the size no matter the limit no matter the species. Until the Amish culture is busted and held to the same rules and regulations as the rest of us, Cedar Creek can be cleaned out just like a 784 acre farm pond when over harvesting occurs. Why such a shot at KDFWR, you ask? Because all the dollars from all the fishing liscense to create this Trophy Lake has been a waste if you ask me. The lake was damned up in 2002, filled in 2003 (ahead of schedule due to excessive rain which is not KDFWR fault) but just because it is full of water doesnt mean turn loose the fishermen. 11 and 10 years ago respectively and how many 8, 9 or 10 pounders have been verified? How many post have been read stating "my best five would have went 30 pounds" out of Cedar Creek? Just saying KDFWR dropped the ball from Day 1 and no end in sight to their Butter Fingers on this project.
    "My best five would have went 30"....now you have heard it. Believe it.....I know of others that have done it to. And just because you haven't heard of a "verified" 8 or 9 doesn't mean that haven't been caught. I've seen some of these and thankfully the ones that I've seen have been weighed and turned back loose. Frankly, the guys I know who catch these fish regularly, don't broadcast it much......for obvious reasons. Now is it managed perfectly, nope but are there 8,9, and 10 pounders there.....absolutely!! I've still got pics of my 6-14, 6-12, 6-2, 5-12, and 5-10 all on the same day! Let me say this, I have fished it since about year 2 and back then I have caught 8 four pounders on 10 casts. Now the lake fishes very differently from back then but they are there my friend. Later, Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    I have yet to see the Amish with thier buggies out on the water, but I will be sure not to throw a wake on them with my kayak.

BTW....I'm sure that most folks at Cedar are used to seeing a kayak or 2 on this lake, but I wonder what the reaction will be when they see about 50 when there is a tournament?

I have yet to hear about a "state" run marina....Fish and Wildlife does such a good job putting it's resources to good use, but hopefully those resources wont be used for a marina. I would rather see the rules on this lake more frequently enforced.

Post Thanks / Like

Amish Boat haulin

Pic of Amish Boat Haulin on Cedar creek lake
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amish boat haulin'.jpg 
Views:	727 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	4980  
    Likes bigcarl6446 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by striperdoc View Post
    Pic of Amish Boat Haulin on Cedar creek lake
    Well alrighty then.....thanks for posting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Ky does a fine job, Thats why all of us Indiana boys go to KY to fish. Dont hear of many Ky boys at Potoka. Am I Wrong?????