Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Finally Tried my hand at airbrushing Lures.

I have always been amazed at the work people can do with a airbrush gun and a blank crankbait body.So i finally broke down and got a airbrush gun from work it may not even be the proper kind But it was cheap and would get me started,Then ordered some Creatix and some blank bodies .I must say it is Pretty dang hard,I have never attempted to airbrush anything so it is a whole learning curve for me.But at the same time very addictive.Trying to learn what Psi to use how to use the double trigger and make fine lines.And scale masking lord i hate that stuff lol.

But here is the first couple i painted and cleared from first to the last one i done.If you have any comments or tips i would love to hear them and discuss

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	025.jpg 
Views:	916 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	4956

Name:	020.jpg 
Views:	552 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	4957

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	1058 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	4959
    Last edited by peter; 03-05-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heck man that's awesome for your first ones. I don't do it but can appreciate nice work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks DJD,I know i have a lot to learn but i am really enjoying painting around on some old lures.I have used so much paint just practicing it is unreal lol.I still need to get scale masking down as i can never get it the way i want and a little better air brush as i cant do fine detail work with this one.But it is definitely a hobby i can see me continuing and hopefully getting better at

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I do to get simple scale patterns on plugs. Get one of those plastic bins they sell at Lowes or Home Depot that you use to store nuts and bolts in. Has part of the front of the box cut out. Use duct tape and tape your scale mesh to the top of the box. Do not attach it real tight. You now have a scale box. Take the plug you are paint and hold on side or the back of the plug up to the mesh until it is tight with the mesh. Hit the plug with the airbrush. Drop the plug straight down, flip it over, and do the same with the other side. Scales in under 5 seconds.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    This is what I do to get simple scale patterns on plugs. Get one of those plastic bins they sell at Lowes or Home Depot that you use to store nuts and bolts in. Has part of the front of the box cut out. Use duct tape and tape your scale mesh to the top of the box. Do not attach it real tight. You now have a scale box. Take the plug you are paint and hold on side or the back of the plug up to the mesh until it is tight with the mesh. Hit the plug with the airbrush. Drop the plug straight down, flip it over, and do the same with the other side. Scales in under 5 seconds.

Andrew
    Andrew could you post a pic of this?

Post Thanks / Like
    A shot of my scale box. Hope this makes sense:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scale_box.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	5297