Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Places to Go to Fish Lake Guntersville

Me and some buddies have a trip planned for Guntersville March 21. Where we plan on putting in, there is a pretty big tourney coming out of it also. Just wondering where some other places we could put in at where it might not be as crowded? We are going to Goosepond.

Post Thanks / Like
    head left out of goospond about 5 mins on the left is rosebury creek. it will branch. either is good but i prefer the left. plenty of boathouses and cover. also the mouth of rosebury at the river channel can be excellent with deep diver cranks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dsonthelake84 View Post
    Me and some buddies have a trip planned for Guntersville March 21. Where we plan on putting in, there is a pretty big tourney coming out of it also. Just wondering where some other places we could put in at where it might not be as crowded? We are going to Goosepond.
    The county park in Scottsboro has a very nice ramp and I think it is free to launch there. The ramp is on Rosebury Creek. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

ramp

Quote Originally Posted by Flash5150 View Post
    The county park in Scottsboro has a very nice ramp and I think it is free to launch there. The ramp is on Rosebury Creek. Good Luck!
    I like the one across from Saulty and the one at the dam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dsonthelake84 View Post
    There is a ramp just down the road from Goosepond. Not sure of the name but it's a small park right on Hwy 79 maybe a mile or two past the entrance to Goose Pond on the left. There's a sign for a Christian Camp, I think. The ramp is in Mink Creek and it's a public ramp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know what the water temp is down there right now? Looks like there weather is warming up over the next week as well.

Also, did anyone one catch what the winning weight of that FLW event down there couple of weeks ago?! A little over 30lbs! Thats why I love to go down there!