Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Family Vacation-Need Lakehouse w/ good fishin

Thought I might ask some of you fine folks before I went a started a blind internet search. Looking for a family vacation spot this summer. We would like to find a lake house to rent that would accommodate 8-12 people. We're open to where that may be. I've been to most lakes in KY... Cave Run, Cumberland, Laurel, Dale, Herrington, etc.

Our ideal situation would be a nice house with access to the water for skiing, floating, swimming, and fishin for the guys! Grilling out, TV, walking, etc would be a big plus.

Does anyone have any personal experiences they could offer for some suggestions? We are located in NKY.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Look at Eagle's Cove at Dale. By water it is across the lake from the State Park in a cove by a big Island. It's nice and by the water. Cabins for all size groups. You can do all the things you mentioned. The cabins are all well maintained and seem new. Everything is made of real wood. I've been there a six or seven times and will be there again in June.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Look at Eagle's Cove at Dale. By water it is across the lake from the State Park in a cove by a big Island. It's nice and by the water. Cabins for all size groups. You can do all the things you mentioned. The cabins are all well maintained and seem new. Everything is made of real wood. I've been there a six or seven times and will be there again in June.
    Just the type of information we're looking for! Thanks much!

Post Thanks / Like
    you might also check out green river lake. I know the marina has floating cabins for rent. never stayed there but they look nice from the outside.

Post Thanks / Like

Green Turtle Bay

Green Turtle Bay at Kentucky Lake - Green Turtle Bay - Home

They may have what you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in NKY also. We went to Nolin Lake about 2 years ago. Rented a cabin with a dock to park the fishing boat, and also close to Mammouth Cave. Had a great time. We were there 7 days with 8 people, everyone had a wonderful time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by publican57 View Post
    Green Turtle Bay at Kentucky Lake - Green Turtle Bay - Home

They may have what you want.

Well check into-thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tweek View Post
    I live in NKY also. We went to Nolin Lake about 2 years ago. Rented a cabin with a dock to park the fishing boat, and also close to Mammouth Cave. Had a great time. We were there 7 days with 8 people, everyone had a wonderful time.
    Do you have a name of link to the place you stayed. We will be bringing the Bass boat, having dock would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter82i View Post
    Do you have a name of link to the place you stayed. We will be bringing the Bass boat, having dock would be nice.
    I tried to find it. We found the place on LakehouseVacations.com Home Page lake vacations, lake rentals, vacation rentals, lake house rental, lake home rental, lakefront, waterfront lake vacations, lake rentals, vacation rentals, lake house rental, lake home rental, for rent, homes, rentals, a few years ago. I'm not sure, but it looks like it's no longer listed as a rental. I can tell you that you should look up Big T @ E.C. on this forum if you are interested in going down there. He lives in that area, and might know a place for rent that you can stay. We liked it because of the dock, plus we had some kids with us, and going to Mammouth Cave was something for them to do. The fishing was great. We were bass fishing, and didn't catch any trophies, but really good numbers every day, a lot of 2-3 and a few 4lbers. The lake got a little busy on Saturday afternoon, but during the week, it was empty. I would go back in a second.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter82i View Post
    try looking up moultidier(spelling is probably wrong) marina and campground they have cabins with docks good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Lake rental

We go to Lyon lake in Michigan in the summer. Google Lyon Lake Michigan rental properties. The house u will see has a pontoon boat and I think sleeps 8-10. Very nice. Lake is plentiful in bass (1.5-3 lb range), lots of red ears- caught one last year 2.2 lbs- walleye (tasty eatin), and lots of crappie. 120 acre or so private lake. Busy on weekends, nobody thru the week on the lake. Fishing, swimming, skiing, fun place. It's about a 6 hour drive from lexington. My wife even enjoys it cause its so peaceful. And she refuses to fish!!! LLol
    Good luck and enjoy wherever u go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot to mention. Since its private I was told by the guy at the bait shop u don't need a fishing license.but you may want to check if u go there since laws change year by year