Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Green River Lake

Surely someone knows water clarity hate to take off work and drive 2hrs. to fish in chocolate milk

Post Thanks / Like
    Crossed Plum Point on the way home from work and it is a nice color there. That is the mouth of Casey and the River.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for info

Post Thanks / Like
    6 or 7 tournies out there sarurday so the lake should be full. Talked to a guy who was out there today and said the water was 47 and fairly muddy midlake

Post Thanks / Like

Green River Lake conditions - 3/16/2013

Quote Originally Posted by snookman View Post
    Surely someone knows water clarity hate to take off work and drive 2hrs. to fish in chocolate milk
    This is probably a little late, but these were the conditions on Saturday for our USA Bassin tournament:

Main lake (Emerald Isle to Corbins Bend):
    Water was a little stained bu Green River Lake standards. About normal for this time of year. Water temperatures from 43.5 F around the dam and getting warmer the farther up the river you went. That temprtature held also all the way to emerald Isle. We never went further up Robinson Creek than that, so no telling if it was warmer there. As you get to Corbins bend, the temps started getting closer to 45 F early in the day... and 47 F later in the day.

Corbins Bend to Casey Creek:
    The warmest water on the lake was in this stretch... we saw as high as 48 - 49 F in some of the creeks in this area of the lake. The water had a heavier stain to it. Not muddy by my standards, but visibility was less than a foot. We spent a bit of time fishing this area of the lake, simply for the warm water temps. This is the water color we like fishing anyway. The water was most stained from White Oak to Casey Creek.

The River... past Casey Creek:
    The water gets much clearer and much colder again. Clarity matched or was clearer than the main lake, and again water temperature was 43.5 F (on Friday, never made it up here on Saturday).

As for the fishing, the weights were way down for a March tournament. We managed to win it with a 15 pound limit that had no big fish, but nothing small either. We caught 6 keeper bass... smallest was 1.8 pounds... largest was 3.75. All the fish came from that mid lake area between Ramp 1 and Holmes bend. Most were caught on texas rigged soft plastics, and one (the largest) on a #7 Shad-rap. All were caught 1-5 ft. deep. I can't talk for anyone else that fished with us, but by the numbers, we can tell a little. There were a four blanks, and four limits. Most people caught 2-3 fish. There was a very high proportion of big fish brought in, including a 6.25 largemouth that we couldn't count for big-bass as it was dead (angler said they caught it very deep on a jig). There was a 5 pound Smallmouth, a 5 pound KY, a couple more 6+ LM (6.19 pounds took big bass). Between 19 teams, there were 37 fish weighed in. About half of those were 3 pounds or bigger.

Clint Cone
    USA Bassin Green River Lake division director
    clintcone@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    congrats and thanks for report.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice report clintcone, thanks.

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snookman View Post
    With that attitiude, what makes this my problem? Every think about just calling a marina and asking? Google Green River Lake Marina or Emerald Isle and figure it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Monday afternoon 3/18 around 3 pm I emptied 3.5 inches of rain out of my rain gauge. The lake will be on a rise with lots of colored water moving in by Tuesday 3/19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    Monday afternoon 3/18 around 3 pm I emptied 3.5 inches of rain out of my rain gauge. The lake will be on a rise with lots of colored water moving in by Tuesday 3/19.
    It sounds like there was a real soaking down there, I'm hoping it clears up a little by the weekend. I haven't made my first trip out this year and have a serious case of cabin fever.

Thanks for the great report Clintcone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    I emptied 2.6 inches out of my gauge in Campbellsville. Looks like the lake will have a lot of water coming into it from both sides. I noticed on the COE lake level site that Green has risen 4.8 feet from yesterday morning to this morning. Here we go again.

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetwater View Post
    I emptied 2.6 inches out of my gauge in Campbellsville. Looks like the lake will have a lot of water coming into it from both sides. I noticed on the COE lake level site that Green has risen 4.8 feet from yesterday morning to this morning. Here we go again.
    Hey....I thought you locals only considered Green to be high once it got to the front doors of the Lowe's?????
    I mean as long as you can get into Coultons.....there's still hope. You can always retreat to Walmart and see if they still have air mattresses in sporting goods.