Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Boats needed for Soldiers Fishing Day

With the cooperation of the West Point American Legion and the American Red Cross we are getting a day of fishing together for wounded soldiers. I need volunteers to furnish boats and tackle for the soldiers for a day. We are trying for May 18 2013. We will meet at the American Legion in West Point, pick up your soldier fishing partner and go to Rough River. Fish a specific time and then return with them to the American Legion for a dinner. I need names of fishermen willing to volunteer. This has been tricky setting up and at this time they want to know how many boats we have before they will tell us how many soldiers will be coming so if you volunteer you may or may not get used but we will be having another one in the fall and we will rotate volunteers. Also we could just use volunteers to help get the boats and soldiers in and out of water. Due to the nature of dealing with the Army there will be some rules that will have to be followed but we will discuss them the morning of the tournament. If you are interested TEXT me at 502-419-5969 with your name and number and I will call everyone to discuss specifics. Hope we can make this a good event for the soldiers and thank you for volunteering.

Post Thanks / Like

Need a few more boats

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman283 View Post
    With the cooperation of the West Point American Legion and the American Red Cross we are getting a day of fishing together for wounded soldiers. I need volunteers to furnish boats and tackle for the soldiers for a day. We are trying for May 18 2013. We will meet at the American Legion in West Point, pick up your soldier fishing partner and go to Rough River. Fish a specific time and then return with them to the American Legion for a dinner. I need names of fishermen willing to volunteer. This has been tricky setting up and at this time they want to know how many boats we have before they will tell us how many soldiers will be coming so if you volunteer you may or may not get used but we will be having another one in the fall and we will rotate volunteers. Also we could just use volunteers to help get the boats and soldiers in and out of water. Due to the nature of dealing with the Army there will be some rules that will have to be followed but we will discuss them the morning of the tournament. If you are interested TEXT me at 502-419-5969 with your name and number and I will call everyone to discuss specifics. Hope we can make this a good event for the soldiers and thank you for volunteering.
    Come on guys we need a few more boats to help a soldier who has given everything for us to be able to enjoy fishing. These guys are not afforded an opportunity like this very often, my wife works therapy with them and all they talk about is a day to get out fishing and enjoy themselfs. Call me at 502-419-5969 and volunteer!!!! The American Legion at West Point is furnishing all the drinks, ice and food.
    Thanks,
    Chuck Muss

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Great Cause!

Awesome chance to help others! Give Mr. Muss a call if you can help out. I did! Thanks,Michael Bean

Post Thanks / Like

hey Chuck

Hey big fella. I have a tournament at Rough that day. But if you get contact info from some of the soldiers I may find time several times this summer to take one. roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Hey big fella. I have a tournament at Rough that day. But if you get contact info from some of the soldiers I may find time several times this summer to take one. roger
    Thanks but it takes about 6 months of red tape ith Ft Knox to get permission to do this with these wounded soldiers. Hopefully if everything goes OK we will be able to do again in the fall. I will post on here if everything works out.Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Count me in. I have a v hull with 24" sides if that is of any benefit to anybody.

Can I get a rundown of what the heck to do at Rough to catch fish. The last time I was there I didn't even own a boat.

PM me or email
    peter@fishin.com