Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ethanol Free Now Available In Brownsville!

Minit Mart in Brownsville (Near Nolin) now has a dedicated pump for ethanol free gas. Looks like it costs roughly 20 cents more per gallon than the price of regular unleaded.

Post Thanks / Like
    They have it too in Jamestown at the Marathon just before the 127 bypass turnoff when southbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's always good to see more stations add ethanol free options.

Here is a good site to find more E-free stations, they also have apps for phones too.

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

Does anyone use the E-free stations in Elizabethtown? Looking at the Key Oil Co which I think is next to the old Jerry's restaurant. I thought I might stop there on the way to Green.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RayP View Post
    I thought I might stop there on the way to Green.
    Since you are coming from E-town I will assume you will be coming through Campbellsville. As you go through C-ville if you turn left at the 4 way where Ky Christian School and Gulf station. Then go about 1/2 mile and there will be a Marathon station on your right. It is located right next door to White oil Company. The owner of White Oil Company is an avid fisherman that supplies fuel for the Marathon station. They carry non ethanol in 89 octane and have a reasonable price. If my memory is correct thier pump is not marked non ethanol but they assured me the 89 was non ethanol. Round trip out of your way will be about 1 mile.

Then on 55 at the 4 way where you turn to go to the State park the BP station on the right has non ethanol in 90 octane. They always have a decent price on there other gas but tend to mark up the non ethanol pump .25-.35 or more per gallon. If me memory is correct it is in the 1st pump and has a sign saying non ethanol. Just look for the pump with the higest price it sould have a sign that says non ethanol.

If you are going to fish the upper end of Green then you could always stop by Green River Bait Shop. Coming from E-town you will not be driving by their bait shop. If you are going to launch from the Holmes bend ramp you will be going close by the store but you will have to make a turn and go about 1 mile out of the way. If using the Holmes Bend ramp let me know and I will give directions. They are open 5 days a week at 5:30 AM CST 6:30 AM EST and have live bait and food for breakfast. Their 89 pump has a non ethanol sign and is reasonably priced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info R19. I'm planning to stay at Holmes Bend for a week. It will be my first time fishing the upper part of the lake.

If Green River Bait Shop is on Knifley rd (551) it showed up on google map. When you say they are open 5 days a week. Are they open on weekends? I'll be coming down on a Saturday.

Running 89 or 90 octane won't hurt anything...will it? My boat calls for 87.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RayP View Post
    Thanks for the info R19. I'm planning to stay at Holmes Bend for a week. It will be my first time fishing the upper part of the lake.

If Green River Bait Shop is on Knifley rd (551) it showed up on google map. When you say they are open 5 days a week. Are they open on weekends? I'll be coming down on a Saturday.

Running 89 or 90 octane won't hurt anything...will it? My boat calls for 87.

That was a typo error sorry it should say...open 7 days a week at 5:30 AM CST. Just Remember once you are on the Adair County end of the lake we are on Central Standard time. If your staying at one of the campgrounds or in one of the Cabins at Holmes Bend you will be in my neighborhood...I am 4 miles from the Holmes Bend ramp.

Running 89 non ethanol is better than running 87 ethanol in my opinion. I have done it for years with no problems. If you really want the 87 non ethanol you can go about 7-8 more miles down the road from Green River Bait shop on hwy 551 to the community of Knifley. Turn left at the crossroads and go about 200 yards and there will be a country store called Baker's Grocery that has 87 non ethanol (and a excellent home made sub sandwich) I call it the Knifley grinder.

You should be fine with the 89 octane that Green River Bait has. Like I said earlier they open at 5:30 AM Central Standard Time and will have hot coffee, sausage and biscuit,all kinda of snacks and sandwiches,crappie minnows and whatever you may need for a days fishing. Green River Bait Shop 384-5206 Kenny will come in every morning and put on coffee and fix some sausage and biscuit. Plus they have other things that can be heated. Then before noon Lois will come in and start fixing Pizza. After a hard days fishing I recommend that you call them and order a pizza to go or you can eat there...Tell them Gene Burton sent you. Its nice have a small country store in our neighborhood that has a good selection with friendly service with competitive prices.