Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Smokey Valley Lake???

Hi, this is my first post.

I love to fish in small waters, such as streams and small lakes, especially mountain lakes.

I heard about Smokey Valley Lake recently, and I'm going with some friends this week. They have a compatible boat, but I have no idea where and when to fish the lake.

I'm looking for bass and sunfish, so what good lures are there for this lake?

Also, I'm going to be staying a day after my friend with the boat leaves. Are there any shore fishing places?

Oh, and, Jacobson Lake is now a FINS lake, meaning that they stocked it with trout. Anyone know about the fishing quality?

Thanks so much,
    SmallWaterFishin

Post Thanks / Like
    It used to be incredible for bass. But it turned terrible probably the biggest downswing I have ever seen. They had a 20in limit and people were keeping fish so they didnt have many 20in fish left so they dropped the size limit to 15in. People still kept keeping too many fish some under the size limit until the lake was just full of small bass. That and the grass all died off as well which didn't help. Now it has no size limit and very few bass. Your better off trying somewhere else. Its a shame because it used to be my favorite lake to fish for fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Also

Also, I have heard of Mill Creek Lake at Natural Bridge. Does anyone know what is successful for bash and panfish? Also, is there shore fishing (I'm boatless)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mill Creek is ok. There are a few really big fish but mostly smaller fish. You can fish the dam but other than that bank fishing will be really hard. Theres alot of rock cliffs around the lake so shore fishing is limited.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tygart creek is at the park entrance. It has a lot of good holes for spotted bass and musky .