Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Question Why is water up Ky/Barkley?

Come on guys too much water, no water, now too much water. I haven't fished flowers since about 2007. TVA normally ***** the bottom out of the place. Up and down in April but this year just slow rise and already full pool, WHY? Hope this doesn't miss up flower and bush bite for the 1st week of May! At least water is still cold. Any thoughts! It should be 2 feet down and now the water will kill bank vegetation. Bummer Mother Nature! Crazy past few years. Good luck all any comments?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swimjigboy View Post
    Come on guys too much water, no water, now too much water. I haven't fished flowers since about 2007. TVA normally ***** the bottom out of the place. Up and down in April but this year just slow rise and already full pool, WHY? Hope this doesn't miss up flower and bush bite for the 1st week of May! At least water is still cold. Any thoughts! It should be 2 feet down and now the water will kill bank vegetation. Bummer Mother Nature! Crazy past few years. Good luck all any comments?
    Its not too much water but they did get it to summer pool a little quick this year. There will be yellow flowers as the water wasn't way high yet but I think the biggest deterrent to the flowers was the cold early spring. Just fish the gravel flats where the yellow flowers usually grow and I am sure you will find some. Bush bite should be fine. With cold temps through March full moon in two weeks should be huge spawning wave. I wonder if there will be some bass spawning into June this year...

kc

Post Thanks / Like

the cold

I don't like all this cold either but it is what is saving my spring trip this yr. With water already over 360' which stinks the cold should have or is keeping them out some til everyone comes down that normally go in may. This high water early brings back memories of 2008 when by the time we came down the 1st wk of may things were done shallow, but the cold is fixing that problem. now i need to go on and change for the better. Even lakes up north here are crazy! Even jerkbait bait is weird. Catch a fish and it feels like a ice cube and is super white. Eventhough surface temps get to 62 in shallows up here. I can only pray it is 360 for the of may4th-11th. The flippin bite should be on like donkey kong. My luck i go down and they **** the bottom out of it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swimjigboy View Post
    I don't like all this cold either but it is what is saving my spring trip this yr. With water already over 360' which stinks the cold should have or is keeping them out some til everyone comes down that normally go in may. This high water early brings back memories of 2008 when by the time we came down the 1st wk of may things were done shallow, but the cold is fixing that problem. now i need to go on and change for the better. Even lakes up north here are crazy! Even jerkbait bait is weird. Catch a fish and it feels like a ice cube and is super white. Eventhough surface temps get to 62 in shallows up here. I can only pray it is 360 for the of may4th-11th. The flippin bite should be on like donkey kong. My luck i go down and they **** the bottom out of it!
    I'll be there same week. I just want some dang flowers!!!!!!