Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What Causes Terrorism

Warning: contents may cause exposure to higher level thinking.
    http://thepublicdiscourse.com/2013/04/9961/

Post Thanks / Like
    That made my head hurt. I'm going with full blown hatred for the western prodimantly Christian influenced population. Radical Islam hates Christian beliefs and everything that it stands for. The also hate the western lifestyle and everything it stands for. Therefore in their sick demented EVIL minds this justifies them killing as many Infidels as possible.
    This allows them to please Alah and show good faith towards their ''so called'' religion and their radical Muslim brotherhood.

You can not fix hate, you can not understand it with high end Physco babble from some professor, it is what it is. Radical Islam needs to be dealt with like the evil Cancer that it is and trying to understand it only muddies the water..

Post Thanks / Like

Its mental illness

They have a clinker in the thinker,they hate everything! They kill each other, they kill black muslims, budhists,christians,and they claim they follow teachings that say be mercifull. They are rabid dogs,plain and simple.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    That made my head hurt. I'm going with full blown hatred for the western prodimantly Christian influenced population. Radical Islam hates Christian beliefs and everything that it stands for. The also hate the western lifestyle and everything it stands for. Therefore in their sick demented EVIL minds this justifies them killing as many Infidels as possible.
    This allows them to please Alah and show good faith towards their ''so called'' religion and their radical Muslim brotherhood.

You can not fix hate, you can not understand it with high end Physco babble from some professor, it is what it is. Radical Islam needs to be dealt with like the evil Cancer that it is and trying to understand it only muddies the water..
    The author of that high end psycho babble is a former interrogator at Gitmo, worked counter-terrorism in the Dept. of Defense, and now is an instructor at the US Army War College. Apparently the U.S. military thinks trying to understand the causes of terrorism clears, not muddies, the water. And they understand that's not a weakness, it's a strength.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very interesting article. I would have liked to read more about what the author thinks are the multiple causes at play, and how he sees them interacting.

If you get lost reading it, I think this segment provides the gist of what he's saying:

"Others may jump to claiming that Islam per se was the cause, which does not make sense because there are over a billion Muslims in the world who neither carry out nor even support terrorism.

We must get beyond inaccurate causal over-simplification and consider the phenomenon of terrorism as a complex interplay of multiple factors."

I've seen the phrase "Radical Islam" thrown around a lot on the board lately, as if there two religions, Islam and Radical Islam. This author would seem to support what I've said all along, that there is no such thing as "Radical Islam," only radical Muslims. Yes, they use their religion to justify their radical views, but the blame for that does not lie with the religion itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what causes it but, I may know of a way to end it. I know some of my more liberal friends like George or Don will think I am nuts.

But you nurse this yap back to life make sure he is 100%. Then you get a council together and figure out the best ways to torture this puke. I mean get some real degenerates to work on this. Just when you think this guy is gonna die you nurse him back to health and start over.

To finish him off you give the parents of the 8 year old little boy who lost his life at the Marathon the option to give him the final blow. And you put all this on the TV so anyone who has plans to do anything like this in the near future my think twice about it.

I guess my parents loved me too much or taught me to love America and respect others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know what causes it for sure, but I'm going with all them virgins waiting for em in the promised land.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    I don't know what causes it but, I may know of a way to end it. I know some of my more liberal friends like George or Don will think I am nuts.

But you nurse this yap back to life make sure he is 100%. Then you get a council together and figure out the best ways to torture this puke. I mean get some real degenerates to work on this. Just when you think this guy is gonna die you nurse him back to health and start over.

To finish him off you give the parents of the 8 year old little boy who lost his life at the Marathon the option to give him the final blow. And you put all this on the TV so anyone who has plans to do anything like this in the near future my think twice about it.

I guess my parents loved me too much or taught me to love America and respect others.
    I agree with your opinoin personally but he is a citizen and is innocent until proven guilty. He gets his day in court or maybe not. I would like to think he would but he probally wont. I dont think Massachusettes has the death penalty so he will probally live if tried there.

On a side note something is definetly going on with Nepataliano! Not sure but a cover up for this guy is starting to smell bad.

Post Thanks / Like

The problem, in my opinion, is that it wouldn't be a deterrent for some. These radical guys just aren't afraid to die for their "cause." That's the bitch of this whole brainwashed jihad crap. It's pretty hard to deter a guy who's ultimately willing to strap dynamite across his chest and go blow himself into a bunch of parts in a crowd.

As long as we live in a free and open country, the risk is going to be there. We can secure and interrogate and push intelligence measures as much as possible...and prevent a lot of them...but some, like this one, are going to succeed.

I really don't know how we "fix" it...but I know we need to somehow make it harder for these people to come here. No expense should be spared on the intelligence community, but then you get situations where the older brother in this case was on the radar and we don't do anything about it.

Have you all listened to Glenn Beck's deal today about the Saudi? (I'm not saying that I'm a Beck fan, but he does have some compelling information to think about on a Saudi connection to our administration...and it's a connection prior to Obama.)

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Let's back up the bus here a bit.

Best way to describe terrorism is: It's a form of pyschological warfare waged by an adversary who does not have the resources to attempt to fight and win with conventional warfare methods. It's aim is not centered on war of attrition goals, instead, it is aimed to remove the will to resist from an enemy that may have overwelming military and economic might.

And one of the first objectives is to cause an otherwise civilized, and judicious society to abandon it's values. Such as when a country having experienced a terrorist attack, that believes in law and order, that suddenly stoops to torture, or withholding of the very rights they say they have fought previously to preserve. When that happens, a victory for the terrorist occurs, because he has overwhelmed the values, ethics, and morales of the enemy he seeks to prove is falable.

The best course is to stay the course. It is what it is. Demonstrate what American justice is meant to be. Continue undanuted. Persevere, with vigilance, awareness, and adapt and overcome.

While personally I'd love to smack this guy in the mouth for what he did, I'm not going to sacrifice everything my fellow countymen have strived and died for that has brought us to where we are today. I'm not going to let my selfish desire for revenge unravel a tradition of doing it right. These folks were US citizens. They thru that citizenship have earned the benefits, full benefits, of our judicial system, and our penal system. And I suspect the remaining young man will be fully benefited by the time the final gavel is stuck.

And that's about as somber and level headed as you're ever going to hear me. When I think of the 8 year old kid, standing beside a back-pack bomb, I tear up with a rage that rocks me to the bone. But I'm not going to dishonor that young person's memory by doing anything less than what is just.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    The problem, in my opinion, is that it wouldn't be a deterrent for some. These radical guys just aren't afraid to die for their "cause." That's the bitch of this whole brainwashed jihad crap. It's pretty hard to deter a guy who's ultimately willing to strap dynamite across his chest and go blow himself into a bunch of parts in a crowd.

As long as we live in a free and open country, the risk is going to be there. We can secure and interrogate and push intelligence measures as much as possible...and prevent a lot of them...but some, like this one, are going to succeed.

I really don't know how we "fix" it...but I know we need to somehow make it harder for these people to come here. No expense should be spared on the intelligence community, but then you get situations where the older brother in this case was on the radar and we don't do anything about it.

Have you all listened to Glenn Beck's deal today about the Saudi? (I'm not saying that I'm a Beck fan, but he does have some compelling information to think about on a Saudi connection to our administration...and it's a connection prior to Obama.)
    I agree a quick death won't change much. I think a slow and painful one will. Do to them as they do to us. We play by the rules they don't. Once convicted game on. He should have his day in court. After that tee it up. Send a live one back to tell how much "HELL" it was.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree a quick death won't change much. I think a slow and painful one will. Do to them as they do to us. We play by the rules they don't. Once convicted game on. He should have his day in court. After that tee it up. Send a live one back to tell how much "HELL" it was.
    Man I like the way you think!!!!