Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Buckhorn Lake question?

any of you guys ever fish Buckhorn lake, what's it like. I'm going to give it a try. whats the best way to fish this lake? any tips, anyone. thanks for any info.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is my home lake and I can tell you that unless you live close dont waste to much gas money getting there. Pick a different lake. The fishing is not that good. This time of year check on the water levels. It can be a 20' swing if we get alot of rain in a short period of time. More and bigger fish down the lake but less pressure up the lake. Anything else I can do or if you want someone to go just let me know. I like to meet new people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CATCHEMALL View Post
    It is my home lake and I can tell you that unless you live close dont waste to much gas money getting there. Pick a different lake. The fishing is not that good. This time of year check on the water levels. It can be a 20' swing if we get alot of rain in a short period of time. More and bigger fish down the lake but less pressure up the lake. Anything else I can do or if you want someone to go just let me know. I like to meet new people.
    thanks for the reply Catchemall, the company my brother works for is holding a fishing tournament there. and my brother asked me if I'd like to fish it with him. I said yes and that is the reason for asking for any info on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like
    my brother and I fished in the, Arch Mineral fishing tournament. on Buckhorn lake, we boated 3 fish, all 3 were just a little short of keeper size. 16 pound won first place. the guy said all the fish were caught on spinnerbaits. a big 30 pound carp took first place in the trash fish slot. after the weigh in, everyone had a good dinner, that the company had catered in for everyone. then they had a drawing for some very nice prizes. I won a Johnny Morris Carbonlite fishing rod. it was windy on the water, the water was stained and water temps were 62.4 and lots of trash floating. overall had a good and fun trip.