Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ky/Barkley lake water level

I was going to go to ky and Barkley lake this coming weekend, mainly on ky/tn border. I am traveling about 150 miles, should I reschedule my trip? I heard Bumpus mill and Paris area got 7 inches of rain. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Ky/Barkley Lake Level

Just got back...Fenton boat ramp is under water. Not sure how high it has to get before Paris Landing is under water. Anyone know?

Post Thanks / Like
    The lakes are supposed to level off at 363 (4 feet over summer pool) but of course that is always subject to change depending on more rain etc......I would expect south Barkley to be muddy with all the rain and run off but I have not had any reports yet down there. I was down close to Paris yesterday and the two days prior.....bass fishing is very good right now around the flooded bushes.....every time we have a flood during the spawn the bite is very good on Ky Lake....at least it is for me. I would not cancel my trip to Ky Lake....there are always a few ramps you can get into during floods.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I'm Going

Love it when high! But this is the max for height. If it gets to high then no! Last year no water this year too much. Love it round 362!!!! 364 and higher I would think hard. I was down 2 yrs go and water was 13' over the bushes I wanted to fish and it made it TOUGH!!!!
    I going down Sat for a week, hoping for 361-362 but no more. Good luck if ya go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Went over Barkley today on the way to Ky Lake and it was brown mud looking with a lot of floating debris, so be careful if out on it. Tied for crappie on Ky and couldn't get anything going. Probably should have just bass fished.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by opie13 View Post
    Went over Barkley today on the way to Ky Lake and it was brown mud looking with a lot of floating debris, so be careful if out on it. Tied for crappie on Ky and couldn't get anything going. Probably should have just bass fished.
    Was there yesterday, very muddy and trashy. Going to go to Ky Lake tomorrow, as it does not appear to be muddy from bridge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dyoung57 View Post
    Was there yesterday, very muddy and trashy. Going to go to Ky Lake tomorrow, as it does not appear to be muddy from bridge.
    When say muddy how muddy is muddy to you? Does it look like cardboard or like you can walk a cross it. And how high is it and are they pulling the bottom out of it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by procraft 192 super pro View Post
    When say muddy how muddy is muddy to you? Does it look like cardboard or like you can walk a cross it. And how high is it and are they pulling the bottom out of it?
    I was there on Tues. (4/30) main lake was very muddy/trashy/cardboard looking if you will, & creek arms were a little better way up but not much IMHO. They are pulling it very hard as there is a strong current. However, with that being said I decided to go to Ky. Lake on Wed. afternoon & WOW, what a great decision. Dave Stewart nailed it when he recommended NOT to cancel trip to Ky. lake, fishing was great! Water is up in the bushes, with good color, & so are the fish. Good luck if you go.

Post Thanks / Like
    The water can never get too high nor too muddy to flip for bass. Dropping water is what you don't want.

Post Thanks / Like

Barkley

Ill be there Sunday through Friday. They will be sucking Barkley. What's the recommendation fellas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dyoung57 View Post
    I was there on Tues. (4/30) main lake was very muddy/trashy/cardboard looking if you will, & creek arms were a little better way up but not much IMHO. They are pulling it very hard as there is a strong current. However, with that being said I decided to go to Ky. Lake on Wed. afternoon & WOW, what a great decision. Dave Stewart nailed it when he recommended NOT to cancel trip to Ky. lake, fishing was great! Water is up in the bushes, with good color, & so are the fish. Good luck if you go.
    Bass fishing has been good all week on Kentucky...Wednesday they were on for sure. We had two 5's on the first two casts Wednesday morning and another a short time later with a number of 2.5's and 3's. Front and rains are coming in today. Wormy, check out my latest report on the Kentucky Lake Reports page.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, I have a question...I made the comment its not good when dropping but if the water is real high and the fish are back behind the bushes when they start pulling water will those fish come back to the front of the bushes or just leave altogether?