Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Results from Otter Pit Bass tournament

Big fish caught by Paul fishing out of his Triton Bass Boat on Tuesday evening this last week. This big female Large Mouth Bass was caught on a jig in deeper water and weighted in at 6lb 1 oz on the digital scales. Congratulations to Paul for taking the lead in the 8 week long tournament. Maybe next week someone else may catch another big bass and take the lead. There are five more weeks of this tournament before a winner can be declared. So it's anyone's game.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pauls big bass from Otter Pit.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	5244  

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang thats nice. I might be out there this wed. Hows the bite?

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Moveon;513694]Big fish caught by Paul fishing out of his Triton Bass Boat on Tuesday evening this last week. This big female Large Mouth Bass was caught on a jig in deeper water and weighted in at 6lb 1 oz on the digital scales. Congratulations to Paul for taking the lead in the 8 week long tournament. Maybe next week someone else may catch another big bass and take the lead. There are five more weeks of this tournament before a winner can be declared. So it's anyone's game.[/QUOTE
    well tonight i had one fish again. just glad it went 5.3 pounds. the bite was tough. had two bites, the bad thing is that by bass flung out a 8 inch crappie from his mouth, that like another 8 oz lol. hope next week is better bites.

Post Thanks / Like

I forget to come over and watch the fishing

Congratulations on the 5.3 pounder.

I was at the Doctor's Office Tuesday and forgot about the tournament. I did go out to Otter Pit Tuesday morning and watched Bill fishing at the point. He didn't catch anything! He said that they were not biting. With all the rain the water must have been moving though the canal and out that culvert that crosses Euler Road into the fields to the West. I see a lot of people fishing that ditch that runs though that farm field. I guess the see a lot of fish swimming in that big ditch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    Congratulations on the 5.3 pounder.

I was at the Doctor's Office Tuesday and forgot about the tournament. I did go out to Otter Pit Tuesday morning and watched Bill fishing at the point. He didn't catch anything! He said that they were not biting. With all the rain the water must have been moving though the canal and out that culvert that crosses Euler Road into the fields to the West. I see a lot of people fishing that ditch that runs though that farm field. I guess the see a lot of fish swimming in that big ditch.
    i have seen people catching bass there. i hope we all caught some next week. i want to see alot of fish caught. great group of guys.

Post Thanks / Like

How many bass were caught last week

Quote Originally Posted by psvec View Post
    i have seen people catching bass there. i hope we all caught some next week. i want to see alot of fish caught. great group of guys.
    Paul how did the fishing go on Tue 5/14/13?

Post Thanks / Like
    I fished sunday for a bit and caught several 1 to 2 lb fish in loon. Caught alot along the weed lines in 10 to 12 fow.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report

Quote Originally Posted by fishassasin View Post
    I fished sunday for a bit and caught several 1 to 2 lb fish in loon. Caught alot along the weed lines in 10 to 12 fow.
    Did you catch lm bass or crappie that size? I'd love to catch some 1 and 2 lb. crappie anywhere. I caught a lot of 1 and 2 lb bass last summer in Bluegrass Pit by trolling bandit cranks 300 and 700 in 40 ft of water. I was trolling anywhere from 10 ft deep down to 25 ft deep depending on where I saw schools of fish on my sonar unit.

I'm not sure why but there is a lot of bass that suspend out over the deepest water in the hot summer months during the mid day hours. Last year it was so hot that I had to keep moving to beat the heat. An umbrella also helps keep the sun off me and my sonar screen. I should have waited and got the new super bright Humminbird Sonar Screen that are now being sold. I got the older type screen that's very hard to see in daylight even with the Raptor cap over the screen and an umbrella over the drivers seat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lg mouths. Did see some rather lg gills in the shallows. They wouldnt hit any artificial i threw at them