Search Fishin.com

Thread: Posting issues

Post Thanks / Like

Posting issues

For some reason now when I post if I hit the enter button trying to drop the icon lower to start another paragraph nothing happens. What could be the cause of that? It doesn't happen at any other site I visit.

Post Thanks / Like

To see if this happens to me.

Paragraph

Is it when you aret trying to do like the above?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    To see if this happens to me.

Paragraph

Is it when you aret trying to do like the above?
    Peter, yes I will now try to now hit enter to jump down, and nothing happens. The only thing I can think of that may be a factor is that not too long ago I upgraded to Explorer 10. I haven't had any other problems posting on any other sites that I frequent, but maybe this forum has some type of glitch with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just checking in to see it the issue has been fixed. And apparently not, I still can't drop down to make a new paragraph.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know if this will help you or not but I saw it solve a problem for another user in another forum. Apparently IE10 has a compatibility mode which is user selectable. I don't use IE so I can not tell you where or how to make changes or even what they do.

Posting using good old FireFox.

An out of the box compatible browser.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Colby. I am not all that tech savvy so I don't know if I could figure too much in the way of changing settings. I frequent many other sites and this is the only one where I have the issue so it is not that big of a deal overall. I'll just keep hoping it will get fixed at some point in the future and probably just do more reading and less posting on this site in the meanwhile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    Just checking in to see it the issue has been fixed. And apparently not, I still can't drop down to make a new paragraph.
    worked in IE 9. Just installed IE 10 to check out the problem. I have the same problem you do. Irritating as heck. i'll look into it.

Post Thanks / Like

The workaround if you have IE 10

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    worked in IE 9. Just installed IE 10 to check out the problem. I have the same problem you do. Irritating as heck. i'll look into it.
    This is a known issue with this version of our forum software and Internet explorer 10. I am not sure if it's Microsoft's problem or the the forum's problem but I suspect the forum software problem. At this time there is no fix but there is a simple workaround.

If your toolbar in the top left of Internet explorer 10 is not visible hit alt. This will display your toolbar in the top left of your screen . Then select tools and check compatibility view. After doing this you will be able to make line breaks and start new paragraphs.

However, with this option checked some other parts of this website and possibly other sites may look a little different. If so you can simply uncheck compatibility view.

I just uninstalled Internet explorer 10 to check and I'm going back to Internet explorer 9. I usually use Firefox. Hopefully there will be a fix coming out for this but I know it has been a known issue for several months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Peter,

Thanks for the help, that appears to have solved the problem.