Summer 2013 is knocking on the door, water temperatures on the rise, subtropical baitfish and birds such as the beautiful pink Rosette Spoonbill have come back from the south. Big schools of mullet have returned to the flats of Mosquito Lagoon Florida, afternoon rain showers are beginning, live bait pigfish are getting big enough to be caught in nets, all these signs say summer fishing patterns have arrived. We will be prowling the pristine healthy grass flats on the hunt for Redfish and Seatrout, at times using the mullet schools to point the way to shallow water game fish which hang with the baitfish because of food such as shrimp and baby crabs disturbed from their hiding spots by the rooting mullet digging algae from the grass. Also searching grass edges and mixed bottom which are favorite under water locations for lagoon fish. New client Chris came all the way from Colorado to fish with me for 2 mornings last week, he was rewarded with great fun fishing trips, all catch and release for the traveling angler, here he is with a fantastic 28” Seatrout,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	may2013chrish28trout.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	5251

and Chris with his largest Redfish at 30” of the 6 he caught on his visit, also catching uncountable fun Ladyfish and Jack Crevalle on the mixed bag backcountry part of his charters.

Name:	may2013chrish30red.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	5252

Just a few mornings ago, regular clients Dr. Ray and son Jeff from Ohio came on a flats fishing charter, Jeff with his biggest ever Seatrout at 25”,

Name:	may2013jeffrtrout.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	5253

and Dr Ray with his biggest Redfish of 30” weighing about 10 lbs, plus catching a few more Reds on their trip, I love helping my clients catching some of their best fish, and taking the pictures for them to remember forever.

Name:	may2013drrayred.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	5254

Manatees are back in force as usual for summer around here on the Florida Indian River, as we see them and Dolphins up close and personal on just about every trip out, along with great bird watching on every trip as a plus while we are busy chasing fish. Summer is a great time for my Backcountry Mixed Bag trips also for a much easier kind of sure thing catching, about 10 different species of fish most trips, most being Trout, Jack Crevalle, and Ladyfish, and always several other surprise species caught. MY BOAT COMFORTABLY ACCOMMODATES 1 TO 4 ANGLERS
Located close to DAYTONA BEACH, NEW SMYRNA BEACH, ORLANDO, KISSIMMEE, DISNEY WORLD, SPACE COAST, COCOA BEACH, EAST CENTRAL FLORIDA. Saltwater Inshore Backcountry Fishing. Feel free to contact me at any time with questions you may have about my fishing charters. Mosquito Lagoon Fishing Guide. Flats Sight Fishing, Inland Fishing, also Eco-Tours, Sightseeing, Bird Watching, Photography Trips.
CALM WATER INSHORE SALTWATER FISHING – NO SEA SICKNESS
CALL ME ANYTIME AT 386-689-3781CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES

Capt Michael Savedow
Edgewater River Guide, Inc.
386-689-3781
email> EdgewaterRiverGuide@cfl.rr.com

Website> Daytona Beach Fishing Guide, New Smyrna, Mosquito Lagoon, Orlando, Fishing Charter, Sight Fishing, Redfish