Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Why High Capacity Magazines are necessary..

Checkout this site........

Shock video makes case for high-capacity magazines

IT is from WND, so follow the links to the video........MAN, it definitely makes the argument.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand what the video is for and that's fine but I'm of the belief I don't need a reason. It's my right and controlling what I can have is intrusion upon my rights. Still can't believe how some politicians feel the need to push us toward more gun control when it's proven criminals do what they want anyway regardless of laws.

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    How do you put a high capacity clip in a 9 mm or .40?

I don't care if the kill high cap mags, they didn't say how many standard sized clips I can have. It's what's called rapid reload. By the way, when he went for the gun why did he not direct his family to retreat to a more secure location?

Second point, if the wimp had dropped the first clown with a head shot he'd have had plenty of rounds left. Competence eliminates the need for redundancy.

Third, how about having 2 guns with standard clips? Dad goes for one, Mom retreats with kids to location of second gun. Defense in depth.

Last point, a pump shot gun with double-ot buck in it would have solved the problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    My home defense gun is a S&W M&P .40 Pro Series, with a 15 round mag in the well, +1 in the pipe, and two more 15 round mags next to it in the drawer...all running Hornady Critical Defense...along with a Mag Lite big enough to beat the crap out of somebody with. Those mags would have been considered hi-cap, I believe, under Frankenstein's bill.

Typical homeowner with a gun and no training...guy in the video...might close his eyes on the shot and empty a 7-round mag into BG#1 under stress and the adrenaline of the moment.

I love a shotgun setup for home defense, though capacity is more limited...I just can't lock one up well enough in my bedroom with a toddler running around. My house has a basement, main floor, and upstairs...weapon locked up on each.

Post Thanks / Like
    .40 cal Glock loaded and ready to go for my home defense loaded with H. Critical Defense. Downstairs I also have a pistol locked and loaded ready to go but I keep a baseball bat next to the front door as a persuader if needed.
    I will eventually end up with a 12 gauge Mossberg Home defense shotgun loaded with some PDX1 rounds....those are bad news!!
    Plus I have a killer Black lab that will attack on command!!! Lol yeah right....he is licking my foot as I type this!!! I'm afraid he is the one I would be protecting if someone barged in!!!

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    .40 cal Glock loaded and ready to go for my home defense loaded with H. Critical Defense. Downstairs I also have a pistol locked and loaded ready to go but I keep a baseball bat next to the front door as a persuader if needed.
    I will eventually end up with a 12 gauge Mossberg Home defense shotgun loaded with some PDX1 rounds....those are bad news!!
    Plus I have a killer Black lab that will attack on command!!! Lol yeah right....he is licking my foot as I type this!!! I'm afraid he is the one I would be protecting if someone barged in!!!
    DJ my man.....:-) Show him a picture of a human adam's apple for 1 minute, then give the lab his food bowl. He'll make the connection. Another idea, when the criminal breaks in, thro the labs favorite toy at the perpetrator. The lab will do the rest. 60 lbs of Black lab at 60 mph equals NFL quality linebacker hits.

I know.....my third girl friend in college in Pa had a lab. She never got pregnant, but I almost did!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    DJ my man.....:-) Show him a picture of a human adam's apple for 1 minute, then give the lab his food bowl. He'll make the connection. Another idea, when the criminal breaks in, thro the labs favorite toy at the perpetrator. The lab will do the rest. 60 lbs of Black lab at 60 mph equals NFL quality linebacker hits.

I know.....my third girl friend in college in Pa had a lab. She never got pregnant, but I almost did!!!!!!!!
    Hahaha you are spot on! Maxx will do his "humpty dance" on anything that moves and once he gets a good lock in with his front legs look out! Someone is getting 74 lbs of black muscle attached to their leg, side or arm he has no preference!!