Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Rain Gear

Post Thanks / Like

New Rain Gear

It's time for me to buy another set of rain gear. I actually have a set from Walmart that I bought 7-8 years ago that has been pretty good (FLW) but the last few rain storms left me soaked to the bone. Anyone tried the Bass Pro Shops stuff? Pro Qualifier labelled stuff looks good and a few others on there do as well but man it gets expensive..... but i would rather spend the cash on a good set and be happy with it than waste cash on a cheap set and get soaked. Gonna shop around town a little today at Dicks Sporting Goods and Sportsmans Warehouse to try a few on. I'm guessing the Gortex stuff is the best?? Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    It's time for me to buy another set of rain gear. I actually have a set from Walmart that I bought 7-8 years ago that has been pretty good (FLW) but the last few rain storms left me soaked to the bone. Anyone tried the Bass Pro Shops stuff? Pro Qualifier labelled stuff looks good and a few others on there do as well but man it gets expensive..... but i would rather spend the cash on a good set and be happy with it than waste cash on a cheap set and get soaked. Gonna shop around town a little today at Dicks Sporting Goods and Sportsmans Warehouse to try a few on. I'm guessing the Gortex stuff is the best?? Any help would be appreciated.
    Don I bit the bullet a few years and Cabala's guide wear. It was pricey but well worth it. Have been very happy with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Frabill icesuit and love it. They have a couple of different sets to choose from. I paid around $300 for the bibs, coat and liner. Many more features than the ProQualifier set.

Here is a link....I am not sure where I ordered them from....

Frabill Grey Icesuit Jacket and Bib

Post Thanks / Like
    Look on ebay thats where I got my 100mph gore tex suit. I got the bibs and jacket for 260. 3years ago that is worth spending the money. Its awsome in the rain and cold weather there is a reason why most touranment fisherman wear them. Gore texs is the way to go. I will never own anything else.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some "Dry-Plus" stuff and would pay the extra for Gore-tex to stay dry.

Post Thanks / Like

Rain gear

Quote Originally Posted by fishincreek View Post
    I have some "Dry-Plus" stuff and would pay the extra for Gore-tex to stay dry.
    Bought the Pro Qualifiers two years ago. Very nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the cheaper gortex from bass pro and it served me pretty well for a few years then this winter i broke down and got the 100mph bibs and jacket and it is well worth the money. I didnt realize just exactly how nice the 100mph gear is. In the coldest part of winter i wear a sweatshirt and blue jeans under it and atay warm. Ive been in some heavy rainstorms and stayed bone dry. Spend the extra money and you wont be dissapointed

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    I had the cheaper gortex from bass pro and it served me pretty well for a few years then this winter i broke down and got the 100mph bibs and jacket and it is well worth the money. I didnt realize just exactly how nice the 100mph gear is. In the coldest part of winter i wear a sweatshirt and blue jeans under it and atay warm. Ive been in some heavy rainstorms and stayed bone dry. Spend the extra money and you wont be dissapointed
    i have that too and it is awesome in the rain. pretty good for breaking the wind too. now cold weather? forget it. mine insulates about 0 when it comes to cold. i have to put on all my cold gear, then the suit to break the wind,sleet etc. is yours insulated or something?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    Don I bit the bullet a few years and Cabala's guide wear. It was pricey but well worth it. Have been very happy with it.

I bought the Cabela's Guide Wear last year and couldn't be happier with it. Yeah, it's expensive, but I wouldn't hesitate to spend the money again if I needed to. One of the best investments I've made - except for hiring a divorce attorney a couple of times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
    i have that too and it is awesome in the rain. pretty good for breaking the wind too. now cold weather? forget it. mine insulates about 0 when it comes to cold. i have to put on all my cold gear, then the suit to break the wind,sleet etc. is yours insulated or something?

No, i guess its just the complete blockage of wind and what clothes i wear under keep me warm. Thats what i wear in jan and feb on all day fishing trips to dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I didn't make it to the stores....the women I was with won out and we went shopping for them! I wish I could just drive to BPS without traveling 90 minutes and try some suits on first. I will get an XL so it's easier to layer and move around in...Thanks for the replies!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got to say as far as rain gear, I have been very pleased with my Frog Toggs. Cheap but they have always kept me dry and even warm for the most part.