Search Fishin.com

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Boat Insurance

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    HURRICANEBOB Guest

    Boat Insurance

    Been with Progressive for my boat. Got my house and cars with KY Farm Bureau. So thought I'd give KYFB a shot at bundling my business. They quoted $324/year for the exact same coverages Progressive will charge me $132 for this year.

    Not promoting Progressive. Not slamming KYFB because I love their car and house rates.

    Just sharing a thought......be sure you shop around and ask for quotes, even if you have been with a company for awhile, it doesn't hurt to see what else is out there. And, you may end up staying where you are but feeling better about it. I like it better when the "3"s are in the second position instead of leading the rest of the numbers.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Albany, Indiana.
    Posts
    8,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    Been with Progressive for my boat. Got my house and cars with KY Farm Bureau. So thought I'd give KYFB a shot at bundling my business. They quoted $324/year for the exact same coverages Progressive will charge me $132 for this year.

    Not promoting Progressive. Not slamming KYFB because I love their car and house rates.

    Just sharing a thought......be sure you shop around and ask for quotes, even if you have been with a company for awhile, it doesn't hurt to see what else is out there. And, you may end up staying where you are but feeling better about it. I like it better when the "3"s are in the second position instead of leading the rest of the numbers.
    Have you ever used Progressive for anything related to your boat?

    Insurance is a hedge against risk......if the insurance is great on paper but has no TEETH, it is not even wiping your butt with.

    I've used my boat owners insurance 2 times in 30 years. Not anything serious, but they had ZERO problem with claims either time.

    Later,

    Geo

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .
    Posts
    3,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    boat insurance

    I had and have state farm, cars and boats. Stolen equitment on boat, great! Electrical fire in boat, they covered most of it. Hit my brand new with my truck, hmmmm,they paid part of it. I hit the car with the boat.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    11,441
    Post Thanks / Like
    Progressive is who I use for my Harley and ATV. I gave Shelter Insurance a chance at those vehicles and they can't get near the rates I pay. Shelter does my truck and house. It does pay to shop around.
    Has anyone ever tried any military friendly insurance companies ? Was thinking about contacting them for some quotes.

  5. #5
    HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Progressive is who I use for my Harley and ATV. I gave Shelter Insurance a chance at those vehicles and they can't get near the rates I pay. Shelter does my truck and house. It does pay to shop around.
    Has anyone ever tried any military friendly insurance companies ? Was thinking about contacting them for some quotes.
    You might want to try USAA. I used to have them for car and home owners. During car claims, they were always fast and efficient. I dropped them when KYFB showed me lower rates, equal coverage, and I've been very happy with KYFB thru a claim for a new home roof, and one auto claim, not my fault, when a hottie texting in her Toyota Cambry thought it would be a good idea to climb in the back seat of my van. She'd be welcomed to try again as long as she leaves the car at home next time :-0

    PS: I had them for life insurance too. They pay a nice dividend, and after 15 years with them, cashed out the policy when I got fed civil service coverage to replace it. AND NO DJ, I NEVER HAD A CLAIM ON THAT ONE EITHER..........oh gosh.......maybe I did and that's why I got all that money....and my premiums zeroed out.......I see a bright light now........

    But you might want to try a quote, from USAA, and exploring different bundling combinations with your Bike, ATV, Car, boat, and home.

  6. #6
    HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Have you ever used Progressive for anything related to your boat?

    Insurance is a hedge against risk......if the insurance is great on paper but has no TEETH, it is not even wiping your butt with.

    I've used my boat owners insurance 2 times in 30 years. Not anything serious, but they had ZERO problem with claims either time.

    Later,

    Geo
    Good point! Been with progressive thru 2 boats over 19 years, and have never filed a claim with them. Maybe that's why my rates are low. Please accept my apology though, for not attempting to prove your theory. And I promise to all, the first time I have the experience, I'll let you all know how it came out.

    I almost filed a claim with them for my $1100 trolling motor I dropped, but retracted it when my repair bill turned out to be less than the deductible would have been. In that case I was satisfied with their tone and processing, but that may have been because they didn't spend any money on me.

  7. #7
    HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Here my policy, just for comparison and info. I block out the personal info stuff. But gives you a feel. Hope its readable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Similar Threads

  1. Boat insurance Cost
    By BigB in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 07:23 PM
  2. Boat insurance ?
    By slipbobber in forum "Off Topic" Posts
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 12:55 PM
  3. Boat insurance?
    By slipbobber in forum Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 10:54 PM
  4. Boat Insurance
    By 21ssExtreme in forum Boats - Buy, Sell, Discuss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 11:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •