Search Fishin.com

Thread: paylakes...

Post Thanks / Like

paylakes...

So i was invited out to a pay lake with a couple of friends yesterday and all i can say is wow..... people really pay 15$ to fish at these places? we sat out there for about 8 hours and between the 3 of us we only caught 2 fish. My general idea was that these places would of been loaded full of cats and that we might of been able to catch a decent mess. we caught some small cats that might of weighed a pound a piece. Even with about 30 corks in the water nobody was really catching anything and this was after the owner had stocked the lake minutes before we had arrived. So ill stick to the big lakes where i know i can pitch out noodles and catch some nice fat blue cats. I believe that will be my first and last pay lake visit lol. Are these places just a rip off or was it just one of those bad days?

Post Thanks / Like

N

I think those guys want you to catch fish that's how they stay in business. The more people catch the more show up. But it is still fishing not catching. I know guys i can sit side by side with when I have went to pay lakes and they would out fish me 3 to 1.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not a fan of pay lakes myself. I usually get 3-5 pound cats and they are good to eat. But when three people go and we only catch 4 fish or so it is just not worth the money.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember when I was a kid my dad took me to a pay lake where you pay by the pound. Does anyone know where a pay lake like that is? I am wanting to take my kids to it. I don't want to take them to one where you sit all day and catch 3 fish. They wanted you to catch the fish. The more fish you caught the more money they made.