Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Creek Fishing???

Any other creek waders seen a drop off in production lately. Been knee deep last two weeks and havent had the kind of success I have had in the past. Bluegill are still present but smallmouth and sauger have disappeared??? Theories? this is my favorite way to fish but only if the line gets tight!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know where you fish and out of respect I won't ask but I agree 100%. Creek fishing is on the decline in many areas due to several reasons. Some due to poor spawn classes in some areas over the last few years. I feel personally the OTTERS are devasting the creeks. The KDFWR needs their flippin heads examined for releasing Otters back into our water ways. They are eating machines and I have read one adult Otter can eat as much as 10 plus fish per day...EVERY DAY. Now take that they reproduce like Rabbits and there is a serious issue. Whom ever thought this was a good idea to release them should be fired because they made a HUGE mistake.
    I also feel the human pressure on the creeks in getting outragreous as well and alot of these bank bangers eat everything they catch. Amish, Mexicans and some others keep everything and they have no idea and don't care what the size or creel limit is, they JUST EAT THEM.

Rant concluded. Sorry you asked, lol..

Post Thanks / Like
    I plan on trying my hand at trapping them this winter. If I could get one or two I would be happy. Great tyin' material otter fur. Maybe try and pick off a few beavers while i'm at it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Otters are a HUGE problem and have ruined alot of creeks and ponds!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I sent an e-mail about the Otters awhile back and they sent me back a reply stating the Otters weren't nearly the problem everybody thought they were.

REALLY..................Take a wade with me and watch them eating fish one right after another. Go To Cedar Creek lake and watch families of them eating POUNDAGE of fish daily.

BULLCRAP, YOU SCREWED UP ROYALLY...NOW OWN IT!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That explains it!

Fish the Little Kentucky. Thanks for the respect of not asking. At this point I dont have a problem sharing. two years ago torture and gun to my head and I would not have shared. This fishing is LAME now. Found the same situation on Floyds Fork. Early last year I ran into a cute little family of Otters. Took picture of them swimming around. Thought it was pretty cool. SInce that time I have witnessed a steady decline. SOunds like the problem has been solved! THanks and happy fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Joey we haven't solved it but I do think we have identified it....

If I had property bordering such waters I would rage war on them and make Turtle food out of everyone of them I saw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Joey we haven't solved it but I do think we have identified it....

If I had property bordering such waters I would rage war on them and make Turtle food out of everyone of them I saw.
    I live on about 30 acres that indeed does back up to the Fork. I have fished it all my life and even asked my fiance to marry me there. I love this creek but have seen otters only a few times but didn't know they were such a problem.

What Im taking from this debate is that turtles need to eat as well. With that said, I guess I need to start keeping the old .22 Mag handy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lay'em out.....

Post Thanks / Like
    MHall I live within 1/4 mile of the Wabash river on a 7 acre lake and for the first time I saw a river otter in my lake and then I saw him about two weeks later.Since I live on the lake and have one neighbor who lives on the lake and has never seen the otter I think he just visits the lake I do not think he lives here yet.

Illinois has also turned otters loose, Please tell me what you think of otters? LMAO

Post Thanks / Like
    He lives there, with 3 brothers, 2 sisters and 14 cousins,and eating their body weight every few days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Laugh all you want roadrunner, it may not be that funny in a year or so....