Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Getting things ready for Minnesota

I've been reading the extended weather forecast for Marcell,MN and I think I'll pack more warm clothes this year. The lows will be in the 40's and highs only in the 60's.

We'll be leaving early Saturday morning for the 14+ hour drive. That's 14 hours of listening to Knute (The Heathen) babble endlessly about nothing. He very seldom even turns on the radio. And just to clarify;No, he doesn't "turn me on."

I want to look my best while fishing so I bought another new pair of jeans and various colors of pocket T-shirts. Do you think a red T-shirt will make me look fat?

I'm still in the process of selecting which rods and what tackle to pack. That's always a problem poser for me. I most definitely will take the Paca Toad Seniors for the weed bed bites along with spinner baits, trick worms, and several color assortments of Zoom Super Flukes. Lipless crank baits and also crappie terminal. I'll also need my Boga Grips for handling the stray Northern along with lip spreaders.

I know I need to be organized and have a spread sheet list like Geofisher has but I prefer to just wing it (too lazy to really organize).

All of that can wait just a bit as I'll be on the river this afternoon with onemorecast56 and his friend,Linda. I need to test out a new 8'6" catfish rod I purchased yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like
    That red shirt will not help the size of your head but will enhance it's enormous size and girth. Where white it will help make it look a bit smaller....

Good luck Rob you guys be safe and catch a ton...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    I've been reading the extended weather forecast for Marcell,MN and I think I'll pack more warm clothes this year. The lows will be in the 40's and highs only in the 60's.

We'll be leaving early Saturday morning for the 14+ hour drive. That's 14 hours of listening to Knute (The Heathen) babble endlessly about nothing. He very seldom even turns on the radio. And just to clarify;No, he doesn't "turn me on."

I want to look my best while fishing so I bought another new pair of jeans and various colors of pocket T-shirts. Do you think a red T-shirt will make me look fat?

I'm still in the process of selecting which rods and what tackle to pack. That's always a problem poser for me. I most definitely will take the Paca Toad Seniors for the weed bed bites along with spinner baits, trick worms, and several color assortments of Zoom Super Flukes. Lipless crank baits and also crappie terminal. I'll also need my Boga Grips for handling the stray Northern along with lip spreaders.

I know I need to be organized and have a spread sheet list like Geofisher has but I prefer to just wing it (too lazy to really organize).

All of that can wait just a bit as I'll be on the river this afternoon with onemorecast56 and his friend,Linda. I need to test out a new 8'6" catfish rod I purchased yesterday.
    Take some big hammer swimbaits. I can meet ya somewhere and give you some if you'd like

THEY are the BOMB.............

Post Thanks / Like
    The catfish rod I just purchased is defective. The first fish I caught with it was a 4 ft. gar. I played with that toothy critter hoping it could dislodge the hook. It couldn't so I ended up cutting the line. The next two fish were a 5lb12oz blue catfish and then a 7 pound blue. Fun day on the river with friends. Thanks, Doug and Linda for inviting me.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are more than welcome to go fishing with us anytime. It was a fun day, even if your new pole is defective !! lol !!

onemorecast56 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Waitingforthebigcatch View Post
    You are more than welcome to go fishing with us anytime. It was a fun day, even if your new pole is defective !! lol !!
    well i see your a member now Linda,,,,,,,hey guys this is Linda my new fishing buddy/girlfriend/boat owner,,,made her send pic of boat before we could date....LOL she can hold her own,,back a trailer better then most men i know...but she has been introduced to a few members on here and think most of us are plum nuts,,,{been around tyme too much}

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I resemble that remark, er I mean resent that remark.

Welcome to the board,Linda.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the nuthouse Linda.....Jump in and hang on cause Tyme's a pickin and Doug's a grinin....

Post Thanks / Like
    I've narrowed my rod/reel selection down to 2 bait casters and 4 spinning rods. One of the spinning outfits is a 5' ultralight.

I've packed most of the plastic baits: Paca Toad Sr, Trick worms, tubes, Zoom Super flukes, and assorted grubs.

Spinner Baits: I just threw a bunch of them into a freezer bag with white being the predominate color and assorted blades and weights.

I still need to sort out some crank-baits and lip less crank-baits.

Boca Grip and lip spreader are laid out. Digital fish scale, lucky floppy hat, fish towel,pliers,assorted hooks, jig heads, a bobber or two for if we fish for crappie, and two spools of extra line.

I've already packed a box with some snack food products and Adult Liquid Refreshment. One 24 pack of bottled water and 2 twelve packs of diet soda.

I can already hear Knute (The Heathen) griping about all the stuff I'm taking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Take plenty of underwear. There have been too many posts on this board already about going commando.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    Take plenty of underwear. There have been too many posts on this board already about going commando.
    I'm thinking two pair will last for the eight days. Inside out,back to front, upside down, and outside in. That's four ways to wear one pair x 2 pair = 8 days.