Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Who all goes to catch fish for a fish fry ?

Who all on here likes to not only catch fish but also eat them ? I think fishing is only half the fun. Also if anybody is interested in becoming fishing buddies let me know. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep fish on occasion, usually when Dad wants a mess. I like eating just about anything that swims, but my wife doesn't so I don't get to eat fish very often.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love having fish in the freezer. I probably only keep fish a few times a year. I take a crappie trip every year and by God that's what crappie are for, eating. I nice mess of bluegill here and there is nice and sometimes a mess of cats. I rarely keep bass and usually they are slots. I don't like keeping a keeper bass but just my preference. Good eatins' to yall!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I crappie fish during the spring and load up several messes of fish for the summer cookouts and do the same thing in the fall and keep fish for the winter. Really thats about all ill keep except for the occasional hybrids i catch. I assume to let the larger keeper sized catfish and largemouths go.

Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy fishing and also enjoy eating them, like to have a couple fishfrys during the year, like an earlier poster said, catching them is half the fun, the only fishing I do in the last few years is crappie with the exception of bluegill on the beds, I was a bass fisherman for 30 years or so and I also kept what I wanted of those also and used them the same way... Bass fishing is likely as good today as it was then and I never did understand all the concern about bass population, I suspect there are many more crappie taken than bass and there seems to be no shortage of those guys, why are bass any different and if you think there are more bass fishermen than crappie fishermen, next time you are on the lake, open your eyes and have a look see.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are 3 parts to a great fishing trip. 1. Catching them 2. Cleaning them and 3. Eating them. At least that's the way my family does it. You have to have a spring fish fry, a summer fish fry, a fall fish fry and a winter one! Those are some of my best memories as a little kid and its a great time always!

Post Thanks / Like
    I only eat saltwater fish. Never really cared for the taste of any fresh water fish other than trout. I like to grill or pan sear fish and saltwater varietys tend to hold up to these cooking techniques better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll keep crappie cats and a occasional hybrid. The only time I keep bass is if they swallow the hook. I'd rather eat it then it go to waste once I let it go and it bellies up. I'll take a few crappie trips in the spring and fall and that usually holds me over for the year.

Post Thanks / Like

im picky

im kind of picky.....the only fish i like to eat are stripers, white bass , hybrids, ky bass, crappie, bluegill, walleye, channel cats, medium flatheads, rainbow trout, brown trout, shellcrackers, drum, and sauger......i wouldnt dare eat a small mouth, like i said, im picky

Post Thanks / Like
    This thread alone has me wanting to thaw out a mess of crappie and fry em up

Post Thanks / Like
    There ain't nothing that taste as good as a. 5lb brownie or a 7lb large head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dt16 View Post
    there ain't nothing that taste as good as a. 5lb brownie or a 7lb large head.
    here we go....

Bb1