Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Fishing East Side of Evansville

I started working in Evansville about a month ago for my summer internship and just now getting around to asking this question. Are there any lakes/ponds within 20 minutes or so on the east side that I could do some bass fishing in? Keep in mind I do not have a boat down here so I will be fishing from the bank. There are not too many places I cant get a line in so anything helps. Not looking for the best spots just looking for suggestions. Shoot me a PM if you do want to give some spots up though! Thanks everybody.

Post Thanks / Like

Trevor , You have a PM

I sent you some information.

Quote Originally Posted by King31 View Post
    I started working in Evansville about a month ago for my summer internship and just now getting around to asking this question. Are there any lakes/ponds within 20 minutes or so on the east side that I could do some bass fishing in? Keep in mind I do not have a boat down here so I will be fishing from the bank. There are not too many places I cant get a line in so anything helps. Not looking for the best spots just looking for suggestions. Shoot me a PM if you do want to give some spots up though! Thanks everybody.

Post Thanks / Like
    Usi has a good lake there is a lake up on motoux pArk on st.joe ave. Behind cracker barrel. Scales lake in booneville. And of course blue grass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fishassasin View Post
    Usi has a good lake there is a lake up on motoux pArk on st.joe ave. Behind cracker barrel. Scales lake in booneville. And of course blue grass.
    do NOT fish Eagle Lake (behind cracker barrel). It is a private lake, and has signs every 20 yards stating this (unless they got torn down again).

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been checked by a co at eagle lake and he didnt say anything. Just checked my license and have a good day

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been checked by a co at eagle lake and he didnt say anything. Just checked my license and have a good day
    That doesn't mean you aren't in the wrong. Honestly I don't know how you could miss the private property sign. I know they are there because I went by yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Who owns it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Who owns it?
    I have no clue. I used to live in Ashley Point Apartments there, and one day when I was walking over to fish, I saw an old gentlemen walking around the lake telling people to pack up there stuff and stop fishing. A week later the wooden posts and signs were put up. This was about 5 or 6 years ago though. I guess that was him, and I wasn't risking it again after that. Trust me, a misdemeanor is NOT worth it. That is a fun one to explain to people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man. Yeah i wouldnt want to explain it. Hope this rain doesnt mess up the fishin on the river. Ive been tearin up as of late.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man. Yeah i wouldnt want to explain it. Hope this rain doesnt mess up the fishin on the river. Ive been tearin up as of late.
    Agreed. Fishing has been pretty solid, hope it stays like this

Post Thanks / Like

Evansville

I was driving I64 from Evansville towards Corydon a couple of months ago and noticed water/lakes/ponds on the right side of the interstate for about 5 miles in between the hills. Are those fishable and is there boat access? What is it? I do not see them on the maps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomdata View Post
    I was driving I64 from Evansville towards Corydon a couple of months ago and noticed water/lakes/ponds on the right side of the interstate for about 5 miles in between the hills. Are those fishable and is there boat access? What is it? I do not see them on the maps.
    Are you referring to the stripper pits up around lynnville?