Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Barren River Muskie

Hey guys my first post on here but been reading for years. I live in Bowling Green off Veterans and was just wondering if you guys had any advice for muskie fishing Barren River. I've had my kayak below Wheeldon Peete and Boat Landing ramps. What lures you recommend for Muskie? Also what kind of structure should I target for summer fishing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganClark View Post
    Hey guys my first post on here but been reading for years. I live in Bowling Green off Veterans and was just wondering if you guys had any advice for muskie fishing Barren River. I've had my kayak below Wheeldon Peete and Boat Landing ramps. What lures you recommend for Muskie? Also what kind of structure should I target for summer fishing?
    Go to the musky section at gander mtn and get a big roostertail type spinner, a big shallow crankbait,
    a big swimbait and some wire leaders. About halfway between the dam and B.G. there is rd that crosses river called martinsville ford. Put in there and just upstream there is a creek on the right. Fish the mouth and up in the creek around wood cover and you will probably get taken for a ride in that kayak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am by no means a very good musky fisherman, matter of fact i only catch them bass fishing. That being said i have caught several and had several chase buzzbaits and spinnerbaits in the back of Butler creek when ever it is raining or bad weather coming in. There is even a ramp in the very back of the creek you could put in and give it a try sometime. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    You live by one of the best places on Barren River. The mouth of Jennings Creek. You can fish from bank but if you put a boat in at Boatlanding road you are 10 minutes from three great spots. Mouth of Jennings Creek, Poor House and another I don't care to mention on here cause I fish there mostly.
    My favorite baits are a Big Mac or DR21

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't fish for them but I have heard that the island behind beach bend is a good spot using a spinner.