Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Question about Cumberland and Dale Hollow

I've heard there's big shellcracker in Dale Hollow, although not quite as good as Ky Lake and Barkley I'm guessing. Anyone ever done well there for crackers? Are there even shellcracker in Lake Cumberland? It seems like they would do really well at Lake Cumberland.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a small article in the July issue of KY Game & Fish that says they have been stocking them in Cumberland for 3 years. With the water rising they state they think they will do real well with all the cover. It does not say what they stocked the 1st year but says they stocked 219,000 last year and 103,400 this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great to hear and I'm sure they'll do really well in Lake Cumberland. Barkley and Cumberland are virtually the same body of water having both been formed by the damming of the Cumberland River. Although they're hundreds of miles apart I'm sure Cumberland will produce big ones...my only question would be why did they just now stock them in there, why not thirty years ago.

I think Dale Hollow has a solid population of big redears that people don't talk much about. It seems folks are pretty tight lipped about the shellcrackers on the Dale..I've heard there's big ones in there though.

Post Thanks / Like
    i think the fact that you are posting on an online discussion board will only reinforce to the locals at dale hollow that being tight lipped was the right thing to do.....just sayin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    i think the fact that you are posting on an online discussion board will only reinforce to the locals at dale hollow that being tight lipped was the right thing to do.....just sayin.
    Yup! haha, info on Dale is hard to come by, everyone including myself like keeping the little secretes of dale to ourselves.