Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Need seats re-done

Looking for recommendations on where to have boat seats re-done in the louisville area.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by awfol View Post
    Looking for recommendations on where to have boat seats re-done in the louisville area.

thanks
    If you find someone.......let me know. I have seats in my tracker that I'd like redone too..........

Thanks,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Contact onemorecast56. He has a neighbor that does upholstery. Shepherdsville.

Post Thanks / Like
    not exactly in your area but i just had my triton redone. they offered up to 3 colors for same price. they will do skins (you have them put on at local shop) or ship them yours. great to deal with and quick turn around.
    Quality Mfg Plus Boat Seats

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    Contact onemorecast56. He has a neighbor that does upholstery. Shepherdsville.
    What's the word on this? Anyone try him yet? I am going to be needing it this winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Need Seat Re-Done

Doug has never done any upholstery work for me. He has done a couple of either things and I have always been pleased. I have seen several comments on the board from others who have had work done by him and all comments have been positive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doug does not do upholstery wok, HIS NEIGHBOR DOES!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I found a guy in Louisville that I'm going to try. Not cheap buy hopefully quality work and materials, seen some of his work and it looks really nice and attention to deal. It will be a few months before I get the work done but I'll let you know how it turns out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got lucky and found someone real close to me (Mt. Washington) to do my seats. I just went and picked them up tonight.

The top backs were plywood, not in the best shape and needing to be replaced. The covers were not all that bad for a 1989 model boat but we're showing there age. It's a AlumaCraft V170. My main goal was for it to look as original as possible on the color scheme, shape, curves and be done right or I would have just bought some Wise seats which would have been cheaper.

Anyway, he replaced all four plywood backs with 3/4" marine plywood, used stainless t-nuts, replaced the foam in the driver and passenger seats and all the covers top and bottom. Four seats total.

I was pleasantly surprised when I picked them up this evening. I didn't really expect them to look exactly like the originals but they are perfect with the same colors and contours, new high quality mildew resistant material and of course the new smell. The only thing they don't have is the big Alumacraft name embroidered across the backs. Which I didn't want because that's where the water got into them over the years and weakened the plywood. He doesn't do the embroidery work anyway so it worked out great.

His name is Roger Smothers. Phone: 502-836-5675. If you need any work done give him a call, he done a great job on these seats.

-Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    I got lucky and found someone real close to me (Mt. Washington) to do my seats. I just went and picked them up tonight.

The top backs were plywood, not in the best shape and needing to be replaced. The covers were not all that bad for a 1989 model boat but we're showing there age. It's a AlumaCraft V170. My main goal was for it to look as original as possible on the color scheme, shape, curves and be done right or I would have just bought some Wise seats which would have been cheaper.

Anyway, he replaced all four plywood backs with 3/4" marine plywood, used stainless t-nuts, replaced the foam in the driver and passenger seats and all the covers top and bottom. Four seats total.

I was pleasantly surprised when I picked them up this evening. I didn't really expect them to look exactly like the originals but they are perfect with the same colors and contours, new high quality mildew resistant material and of course the new smell. The only thing they don't have is the big Alumacraft name embroidered across the backs. Which I didn't want because that's where the water got into them over the years and weakened the plywood. He doesn't do the embroidery work anyway so it worked out great.

His name is Roger Smothers. Phone: 502-836-5675. If you need any work done give him a call, he done a great job on these seats.

-Anthony
    How much was it if you don't mind me asking............I have a Tracker PT190 that needs the seats redone.

Sounds exactly like what I want .

Thanks,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    How much was it if you don't mind me asking............I have a Tracker PT190 that needs the seats redone.

Sounds exactly like what I want .

Thanks,

Geo

It wasn't cheap. $200.00 per seat, but I got what I wanted. They have four colors in each seat and piping on the outer seams. I talked to a couple other guys that tried to talk me out of doing that but wanted the same $$. The other reason I went with him is because he's here close to me. I prefer to have things like this done as close to home as possible in case

-Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    It wasn't cheap. $200.00 per seat, but I got what I wanted. They have four colors in each seat and piping on the outer seams. I talked to a couple other guys that tried to talk me out of doing that but wanted the same $$. The other reason I went with him is because he's here close to me. I prefer to have things like this done as close to home as possible in case

-Anthony
    Not bad......I will prob also spend the bucks and have the same thing done.

THANKS for the info.

Later,

Geo