Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    I've been looking for a battery operated screen that would plug into the 898 and allow me to see the data better. But they might cost as much as the 1198.

When I got my 898 I didn't know that they made the 898 at the time. I thought that the price had suddenly dropped on the 1198 and I was the luckiest guy in the world. Then it dawned on me that this was not the bigger model and that's why it cost 1/2 of what the bigger screen model cost. Drats! Still it was too good of a price for me to refuse so I jumped on the 898 right then and three. I should have waited another two or three years right? But hey I waited for about 3 years after these first came out before I finally made the leap to get me one.

But I've seen the bigger screen in operation and it's much better. And I can only imagine the quality of the new LED Back lighted 1198 screens. My friend has an 1198 and I've used it a few times while fishing with him. I Like the submarine sounds that it has.
    I'm pretty sure the 1198 has always been LED backlit. It was just the others that weren't. Check out bbcboards.net down in the electronics for sale section...always good deals to be had. Now if I only had the money....how about you buy the 1198, and you give me your crappy 898 for $5

Post Thanks / Like

Speechless!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM4A1 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the 1198 has always been LED backlit. It was just the others that weren't. Check out bbcboards.net down in the electronics for sale section...always good deals to be had. Now if I only had the money....how about you buy the 1198, and you give me your crappy 898 for $5

Post Thanks / Like

Went Today 7/3

My son and I hit the water at sun up and fished till noon, boated 1 Large Mouth and 1 hybrid. Fished Top to Bottom, Grass Beds, Points, timber you name it we fished it. Man it was tough but we got to hang out together just wish the fishing was better.

Post Thanks / Like
    The 4th of July holiday pretty much brought the bite to a stop at least in the areas I had been fishing. One of my best spots ended up having not just one but three house boats setting on it! We did manage to catch a few keepers, most of which came on cigar worms in 5-6ft of water. Gonna try it for a few hours in the morning, love thesse cool mornings in July, dosnt happen very often!!

Post Thanks / Like

July 12th

I went today fished 5:30am to Noon and had 3 Short Fish my last 3 Trips have been bad as far as fishing goes! Fished Top Water over the Grass early 0 Fish, Fished Long Point with Grass and Rocks with C-Rig, 10" Worm, Jig, and Swimbait 0 Fish. Fished Shallow Grass caught 3 Shorts on Wacky Worm and Spinnerbait. I really am confused not at all like last year or years past. Water Clear and 80 Degrees.