Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willisburg Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Willisburg Lake

Wanting to get out on the water just to relax and fish, but want to stay away from the PWC and pleasure boat crowds. Anyone know the current conditions of willisburg lake. Never fished it before.....I'm not after any lunkers....just after something to tug on the line. I wouldn't mind a few summertime crappies or bluegills for supper. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    A beautiful small lake IMO.

I personally think the ramp a bit steep for the my small 2WD but I surely enjoyed the lake and you won't get waked to often.

Post Thanks / Like
    I launch at Pandora and Bryant's on Herrington Lake. Is the ramp at willisburg any steeper than those two? If you are familiar with those. Thanks for your input.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never been to either of those. Here are two images which will help you compute. The ramp is to the left in image one and to the right in image2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	willisburg-2.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	5650   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	willisburg-1.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	5649  

Post Thanks / Like
    We fished it alot back when we fished Pondhoppers and several of the guys had 2 wheeled vehicles...me included. Of course we had small boats in the 14ft range but I did very well using my babe magnet errr uh mini-van.

Post Thanks / Like

Ramp At Willisburg

I have a 16.5 ft. bass boat that I pull with at 2WD Dodge Durango 4.7L V-8. I have launched at Willisburg one time, no problems.

Best of Luck!
    Bumblebee

Post Thanks / Like
    Stay on the side of the ramp closest to the boathouse (furthest from the dam) and you'll be fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on my phone and for some reason I can't see the pics of the ramp, I'll look at them later when I get home. Thank you for taking the time to post them. And thanks to the others for their info. I have a tracker pt175 TXW and my ford is a 2wd 4.2L V6 and I have no trouble at Pandora ramp at Herrington or the ramps at cedar creek (the one by the dam and the one off old 150). So I don't think I'll have any trouble. Will the latest round of rain muddy willisburg up any?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbyt View Post
    I have never been to either of those. Here are two images which will help you compute. The ramp is to the left in image one and to the right in image2
    Doesn't look as steep as Pandora on Herrington or the ramp by the dam at Cedar Creek Lake.
    Thanks for the pics

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never had a problem launching a boat at Willisburg with my full-size van, rear-wheel drive. The only time I have had any problems was when loading the boat, especially when by myself. But it isn't too bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply Carter1. I'm not gonna get to go this weekend, but your reply makes me feel better about the ramp. I guess I just got overly concerned when the steepness of the ramp was brought up. There are ramps at Herrington that are steep (Cane Run ramp and Herrington Marina ramp and the hill at Gwinn Island) and I was thinking that was that they meant by steep. I won't even launch at the above mentioned ramps

Post Thanks / Like
    I admit being overly cautious. Backing my 4 clyd, 2WD pickup towards water is a relatively new experience for me. My primary ramp is so shallow that I had to hinge and extend my tongue to to get the boat to float off. Maybe I can develop a pair over time.