Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    World champion power boat racer Jay Smith says it's the cleanest burning 2 cycle oil going other than a full synthetic. I've been running it for years & never once had a motor problem. I currently running evinrude/johnson oil from walmart, but will be going back to Pennzoil XLF when it's gone What happened to yours while running it ??? Not dissing you just curious.
    I use it exclusively. I've never had a single problem. I think as long as it is a quality brand you won't have a problem. I buy it at autozone. It is much cheaper there. You can't go wrong with the Penzoil

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    World champion power boat racer Jay Smith says it's the cleanest burning 2 cycle oil going other than a full synthetic. I've been running it for years & never once had a motor problem. I currently running evinrude/johnson oil from walmart, but will be going back to Pennzoil XLF when it's gone What happened to yours while running it ??? Not dissing you just curious.
    I was running a 85 mercury all the way up till about 2000. 150 Black Max. I always used Quicksilver and I started using the Pennzoil because it was cheaper. About 4 tanks in I blew the power head. After the mechanic took it down he asked me what oil I was using and I told him. He said " Come feel this" I felt the cylinder wall and it felt gummy. He said it was from the oil. Then he took me over to one that had been using Quick Silver. It felt slick. So from then on out I switched back. No reason to play with fire.
    Just my Two cents. Not trying to change anyone's mind. Just my preference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos19 View Post
    Not sure what engine you are running or what size it is but I find Pennzoil not to be a very good 2 cycle oil.
    you are very misinformed...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
    you are very misinformed...
    Do you see above where I say " I FIND" That means its my Option. I explained I am not trying to change anyone's mind. I was not INFORMED. Its my option. To each there own.

Post Thanks / Like

Disabling VRO

Dealers and mechanics I`ve talked to say they have had to rebuild more engines as a result of owners forgetting to add oil to their tanks than VRO failure. KB1.