Search Fishin.com

Thread: New (to me)

Post Thanks / Like

New (to me)

I just got a new boat today and need some modifications.

2004 Skeeter, 150hp Yamaha Vmax

want to install hydraulic steering, timer for live well (apparently only has manual, although switch has man/auto), water pump/impeller changed, possible LEDs installed in rub rail.

any recommendations? Prefer in s.indiana I live in Georgetown. And I prefer this not be a learning experience for someone as this boat looks brand new.

thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    You should not have to add a timer to your livewell. When you turn it to auto it will run for about 30 seconds then shut off for about 2 minutes then back on and back off repeating the process the whole time it is in auto. There should be two switches for the livewell. One is a fill and the other is recirculate. Both should have manual and auto. Manual will run constant as long as you have it on. I normally turn the fill switch to manual for a few minutes until the livewell is full. Then I turn the fill switch and recirculation switch to auto.

"Most" skeeter boats in the year model you have will have 2 livewells. If you have two separate livewells you will have two switches for each livewell for a total of 4. You also have 4 pumps one for fill and one for recirculation on each livewell.

As an experiment raise the livewell and bilge area lids. Turn the master power switch on. Then turn on each switch one at a time to manual. You should hear the pump come on. Then turn them to auto and wait for a couple of minutes. You should hear them come on and shut off while in auto mode. This will let you know if they are working correct.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went back and read your post again...sounds like you have the setup I mentioned but your timer switch is bad. All you need is a new timer switch. I have no idea who does installs in your area...sorry