Search Fishin.com

Thread: Jika Rig

Post Thanks / Like

Jika Rig

Any of you guys or gals tried this "jika rig"? I've got a few made up and plan to try them this weekend on south Barkley. I plan on using them with Power Bait craws and Zoom brush hogs. Seems like they should give the soft plastics a little more action. Just wondering if anyone's had any success with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks Shaggy, I learn something new everyday. Had not heard of this rig till now. Looks interesting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just last week I watched a fishing show where the host was using it. It is on my list of thing to try soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used it with some success rigging a paca craw or beaver. On a 3/0 ewg hook

Post Thanks / Like

Going to try it tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by 863 bassmaster View Post
    I have used it with some success rigging a paca craw or beaver. On a 3/0 ewg hook
    If the rain doesn't wash out my plans, I,m gonna give it a try tomorrow. I doubt it will replace my favorite, the C rig, but you never know. I'll report back on my success or lack of when I get back.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have been doing some research on the jika rig after your first post and it will be added to my arsenal of tackle as soon as i can get to the tackle store to get some split rings adn bigger drop shot weights. i bet this would be great on lakes like laurel, dale, adn cumberland. I wouldnt imagine that they have seen that rig to much if at all. Plus it appears to have a more natural presentation than a texas rig.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used it quite a bit. I really like it pitching the bushes. I use a lighter wire hook and a craw fatty or a pit boss. It's a lot like a shakey head if you use floating plastic. I've even thrown it a little on the ledges with some success.