Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Was there ever any respect?

My buddy and I were fishing the other night and we were on a point and like alot of times we will fish the bank on the other side of the point. Well the other night as we were fishing we could see the lights of this boat out on the main lake and heading stright to were we were at. This boat pulled on the bank probably about 150 to 200 feet from the point we were fishing right in front of us. For me it is hard to beleive that anyone would do that with all the water there is to fish in a lake. It is not the first time it has happen, it has happen a few other times on different lakes. I just think that it would be good to show a little respect to the other fisherman and if it is a point or bank that you love to fish come back later after the other boat is gone. O, and hope he did not catch the big one! LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

never seen the respect

Just a couple weeks ago something similar happened to me. I don't like to pull up on the spot I want to fish, but stop short and fish up to it. We stopped about 50 yds short of our point and began fishing. Some jerk then comes flying right up to the point and by that time we were within a cast of the point. He pulls in flips a tree for 5 casts and flies out of there. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield... cause I get no respect, even in my boat.

Post Thanks / Like

No Respect

Quote Originally Posted by RADRJP View Post
    Just a couple weeks ago something similar happened to me. I don't like to pull up on the spot I want to fish, but stop short and fish up to it. We stopped about 50 yds short of our point and began fishing. Some jerk then comes flying right up to the point and by that time we were within a cast of the point. He pulls in flips a tree for 5 casts and flies out of there. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield... cause I get no respect, even in my boat.
    Sounds like Talorsville Lake. KB1

Post Thanks / Like

Very True But

I bet a tournament fishermen automaticly gets the credit wether anyone knows for a fact that it was someone fishing a tournament or not as there sure seem to be a lot of folks here that automaticly put tournament fishermen down simply because they think nobody else could possibly do this. Heck I had a boat load of Crappie fishermen using live bait pull right in on the point I was fishing & anchor up, put their lights out & start slinging minnows. Even went into detail about the 2 five pound plus Smallmouth they had caught there the weekend before. Also have had Walleye fishermen do it too. Oh I forgot to mention that tournament fishermen were rude & didn't give a **it what anyone else was doing as long as they were after their prized money fish. Bring on the hateful comments on us tournament fishermen guys. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Respect

Quote Originally Posted by BRS View Post
    This boat pulled on the bank probably about 150 to 200 feet from the point we were fishing right in front of us. For me it is hard to beleive that anyone would do that with all the water there is to fish in a lake.
    I have no problem with someone pulling 150 to 200 feet in front of me. Tournament fisherman or not. I don't "own" the lake.....for that matter none of us do! Any closer than 150 feet or thereabouts would be NOT acceptable or ethical. Another consideration is the size of the lake...ex: Cedar Creek.....150 to 200 ft would have to be "Ok" because you are mostly that close to anyone on the lake at any given time unless you are fishing in the middle of the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

About a week ago a yellow and white Tahoe type boat flew by us at 12:00 at night he was about ten foot from the butt of our boat. The water wasn't bad so he didn't swerve because of a log and we were out in a big part of the lake to.

Post Thanks / Like
    its not limited to a point, cove, stumpbed etc etc for that matter.....somebody sees you hooked up to a striper in the MIDDLE of a 53000 acre lake and they think its ethical, not disrepectful, polite....and last but not least "SAFE" to plane right in on you and start whailing away like they have been invited. once upon a time i thought topwater/jump fishing for stripes was the "mostest funner" thing in the world.....no, not anymore. now the "mostest funner" thing to do is wait for a few boats to gather round within ear shot, yell to your partner loud enough so the other boats can hear " OH MY GAWD LOOK AT THAT SCHOOL !!" , throw rods down in the bottom of the boat, tear the trolling motor off the front of the boat jerking it out of the water, jump headfirst over the windshield, start the motor, slam it in gear and race hellbent to the other side of the lake, jump up and run to the front of the boat before it comes completely off plane and start casting like youre insane. now , hold on because the navy is on the way, yup here they come, wait, wait, ok as soon as the jump up with rods in hand, repeat the whole process and race back to the other side of the lake. pretty soon you/your boat will be fairly recognizeable and for some reason people wont follow you or run in you as much, of course there will always be more people to "train" so the fun never ends !
    see you in november

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    I have no problem with someone pulling 150 to 200 feet in front of me. Tournament fisherman or not. I don't "own" the lake.....for that matter none of us do! Any closer than 150 feet or thereabouts would be NOT acceptable or ethical. Another consideration is the size of the lake...ex: Cedar Creek.....150 to 200 ft would have to be "Ok" because you are mostly that close to anyone on the lake at any given time unless you are fishing in the middle of the lake.
    I agree with this comment

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    I bet a tournament fishermen automaticly gets the credit wether anyone knows for a fact that it was someone fishing a tournament or not as there sure seem to be a lot of folks here that automaticly put tournament fishermen down simply because they think nobody else could possibly do this. Heck I had a boat load of Crappie fishermen using live bait pull right in on the point I was fishing & anchor up, put their lights out & start slinging minnows. Even went into detail about the 2 five pound plus Smallmouth they had caught there the weekend before. Also have had Walleye fishermen do it too. Oh I forgot to mention that tournament fishermen were rude & didn't give a **it what anyone else was doing as long as they were after their prized money fish. Bring on the hateful comments on us tournament fishermen guys. lol
    It's been my experience that all genres of fisherman have about the same percentage of jerks. Aamof I think local clubs have the lowest percentages, most of the tourney fisherman I know around here are good people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    its not limited to a point, cove, stumpbed etc etc for that matter.....somebody sees you hooked up to a striper in the MIDDLE of a 53000 acre lake and they think its ethical, not disrepectful, polite....and last but not least "SAFE" to plane right in on you and start whailing away like they have been invited. once upon a time i thought topwater/jump fishing for stripes was the "mostest funner" thing in the world.....no, not anymore. now the "mostest funner" thing to do is wait for a few boats to gather round within ear shot, yell to your partner loud enough so the other boats can hear " OH MY GAWD LOOK AT THAT SCHOOL !!" , throw rods down in the bottom of the boat, tear the trolling motor off the front of the boat jerking it out of the water, jump headfirst over the windshield, start the motor, slam it in gear and race hellbent to the other side of the lake, jump up and run to the front of the boat before it comes completely off plane and start casting like youre insane. now , hold on because the navy is on the way, yup here they come, wait, wait, ok as soon as the jump up with rods in hand, repeat the whole process and race back to the other side of the lake. pretty soon you/your boat will be fairly recognizeable and for some reason people wont follow you or run in you as much, of course there will always be more people to "train" so the fun never ends !
    see you in november
    That is to funny! I still can't stop laughing....Surely we are not all that bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

I think it is one or the other when it comes to respecting the other fisherman when pulling in on him at a distance of 150 feet.
    If you want to show me disrespect pull right out in front of me.
    IF you want to show me some respect pull about 150 feet from the back side of me and start fishing from behind because that is what you are having me do if you pull in front.

But if you are determined to pull in front of me I will just start up and move on to another spot to fish. It is just a fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have stopped at points before and started to fish, when we rounded the point someone else was already there. We just didn't know they were there because of the direction we approached from. We always say "I'm sorry, I didn't know you were here" then turn around and slowly leave. So far everyone has been very nice about it.