Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland River Fishing from dam 6-10 miles

It has been 6-7 years since I fished Cumberland River, and mostly we put in near Burksville.
    I want to Kayak fish for 6-10 miles from the dam. How is the river normally. My nephew is
    nervous about the flow. I don't remember rapids being too much of an issue along the river.
    Just lots of cold water I don't want to swim in. I know water flow is the key. What is a good
    low flow rate? Thanks for any advise, especially if you have floated a canoe or kayak on the
    river before.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at Wolf Creek this morning wade fishing. Saw an Amish guy and boy fishing from a (noisy) aluminum canoe. The water was nice and low early this morning. They seemed to be catching hell out of fish. The horns sounded about 15 minutes after I got there, and water level started rising. The did the smart thing and drifted on down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bull_bluegill View Post
    I was at Wolf Creek this morning wade fishing. Saw an Amish guy and boy fishing from a (noisy) aluminum canoe. The water was nice and low early this morning. They seemed to be catching hell out of fish. The horns sounded about 15 minutes after I got there, and water level started rising. The did the smart thing and drifted on down.
    Suspect they where catching "stockers" (9 inch fish) , using worms, corn or Power Bait. Alls all right if' in you have a trout stamp...Fish On!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyLie View Post
    Suspect they where catching "stockers" (9 inch fish) , using worms, corn or Power Bait. Alls all right if' in you have a trout stamp...Fish On!!

Oh, yeah, the "cheese-fishers" were all catching their limits. I managed to catch about 5 or 6 on a little Copper John Wednesday morning, before the horn sounded. Best was maybe 12 inches. No complaints from me, just wish I could have gotten more time there.