Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

excuses, excuses....

for weeks, and in some cases months i have been repeatedly asked by family members, co-workers, old friends and in some cases mere acquaintances to go striper fishing. and for weeks....and months... i have repeatedly invited those same people to go striper fishing.
    and its always the same excuses lol-
    1. ive got to work (this is the stupidest excuse of all, in my opinion) oh, so you didnt know you were going to have to work the last 13 times you asked to go?
    2. i have alot of stuff i need to get done tommorrow....hmmm its ok, i guess we will just go on a day when im busy and IVE got important stuff to do, no problem, my stuff can wait.
    3. i wish you wouldve given me a little more notcie, its going to be hard for me to get away....i did give you a "little" more notice, remember when we planned this trip at the family reunion ? 3 months ago ?
    4. i really need to mow the grass and weed eat.....ok no problem, i understand the best time to mow and weedeat is right at daylight when the grass is still soaked and clumps really well.
    5. ive got to take little betsy to soccer practice, ok soccer practice is at 1pm, we will be done by 9 am, and i thought little betsy was the reason we were going striper fishing, yup i remember you said " i would love for little betsy to catch one of those big stripers" can we take LITTLE BETSY sometime?
    6. and the best one of all "the weather is supposed to be kind of bad tommorrow, i think they are calling for light drizzle, 2mph winds out of the SW, and 68 degrees" oh yeah, lets wait until we have a really high bluebird sky with 25mph winds out of the norhteast an 89 degrees. cant wait !

I dont want to sound like im griping, because i was going to go fishing anyway, with or without a guest, but c'mon

i would love to hear some of the excuses you guys/gals have heard

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been trying to get my friends down to nolin to do some fishing and one of them once told me he couldn't go because he needed to change the line on all his reels. Well I said you can just use mine no big deal. He replies well I don't have a fishing license and that where I gave up. A annual fishing license is only 20 bucks c'mon...... Don't beg me to go fishing and then make up every excuse in the world at the last second. Same thing happens with my brother he always seems to want to go down fishing but only at his convience. Talk about aggravating

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckykingfisher View Post
    I've been trying to get my friends down to nolin to do some fishing and one of them once told me he couldn't go because he needed to change the line on all his reels. Well I said you can just use mine no big deal. He replies well I don't have a fishing license and that where I gave up. A annual fishing license is only 20 bucks c'mon...... Don't beg me to go fishing and then make up every excuse in the world at the last second. Same thing happens with my brother he always seems to want to go down fishing but only at his convience. Talk about aggravating

can i get a "AMEN" lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    for weeks, and in some cases months i have been repeatedly asked by family members, co-workers, old friends and in some cases mere acquaintances to go striper fishing. and for weeks....and months... i have repeatedly invited those same people to go striper fishing.
    and its always the same excuses lol-
    1. ive got to work (this is the stupidest excuse of all, in my opinion) oh, so you didnt know you were going to have to work the last 13 times you asked to go?
    2. i have alot of stuff i need to get done tommorrow....hmmm its ok, i guess we will just go on a day when im busy and IVE got important stuff to do, no problem, my stuff can wait.
    3. i wish you wouldve given me a little more notcie, its going to be hard for me to get away....i did give you a "little" more notice, remember when we planned this trip at the family reunion ? 3 months ago ?
    4. i really need to mow the grass and weed eat.....ok no problem, i understand the best time to mow and weedeat is right at daylight when the grass is still soaked and clumps really well.
    5. ive got to take little betsy to soccer practice, ok soccer practice is at 1pm, we will be done by 9 am, and i thought little betsy was the reason we were going striper fishing, yup i remember you said " i would love for little betsy to catch one of those big stripers" can we take LITTLE BETSY sometime?
    6. and the best one of all "the weather is supposed to be kind of bad tommorrow, i think they are calling for light drizzle, 2mph winds out of the SW, and 68 degrees" oh yeah, lets wait until we have a really high bluebird sky with 25mph winds out of the norhteast an 89 degrees. cant wait !

I dont want to sound like im griping, because i was going to go fishing anyway, with or without a guest, but c'mon

i would love to hear some of the excuses you guys/gals have heard
    If you take me striper fishing, I'll have no excuse. Anytime Friday through Sunday I am game.....UNLESS there has been an all day rain some time during the week and I get behind on my mowing business. I got envious as hell last night when my cousin showed me pics of 6 stripers they caught last weekend on Cumberland. The pics were of 32-38" fish.....I have never caught anything that big. He said it was a blast. I have got to invest in some down riggers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Their lost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gee, I would but I would have to get up at earlier that the doughnut maker to get there by 5:30.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KYCatfish View Post
    If you take me striper fishing, I'll have no excuse. Anytime Friday through Sunday I am game.....UNLESS there has been an all day rain some time during the week and I get behind on my mowing business. I got envious as hell last night when my cousin showed me pics of 6 stripers they caught last weekend on Cumberland. The pics were of 32-38" fish.....I have never caught anything that big. He said it was a blast. I have got to invest in some down riggers.

sounds like we need to go with your cousin !!

Post Thanks / Like
    If I can go fishing....I go......If I cannot, I don't. I rarely make excuses.

Almost all of my friends have excuses though. There are a few rare exceptions.....and those that don't make excuses are on the A-list....

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    The only excuses I use around fishing is oh I'm going fishing I guess my brother has to do the job instead. If something involves water, fish, and a rod and reel I'm in. I seem to have the other problem where people want me to take them fishing and skimpily invite themselves to go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1233 View Post
    The only excuses I use around fishing is oh I'm going fishing I guess my brother has to do the job instead. If something involves water, fish, and a rod and reel I'm in. I seem to have the other problem where people want me to take them fishing and skimpily invite themselves to go!
    i like how you think

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks stripernut. Another thing I've come across this year is that somehow about every kid in the jtown area 12-15 is now into fishing.... All these years fishing alone as a kid with kids looking at me like the redneck that lives at the pond has changed. Now apperantly all of them want to go sit by a pond with the redneck... I'm not saying its not good the sport is growing but it does kinda frustrate me when I'm tying on lures for my friends, skimpily because if I don't my new kvd crankbait will be sitting in the bottom of the pond. It also confuses me how now I have about 10 new "best friends" only because they want in on my fish. I think fisherman14 and I might have to start a pond fishing charter!!! Hey that doesn't sound like a bad idea

Post Thanks / Like
    i would love to hear some of the excuses you guys/gals have heard [/QUOTE]

1. Too early to get up.

2. Too late to stay out.

3. Gotta take the wife and/or kid(s) clothe shopping.