Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wilgreen Tournaments

Hey guys. I am still searching for a partner with a boat for these tournaments out at Wilgreen. 5lb fish are being caught regularly now that shad has been introduced to the lake. They have weekday tounaments and one every sunday. Theres usually around 10 boats and a decent payout for the winner. My partner pulled out and stopped fishing all together but I wanna continue. If one of ya's here are interested in fishing it ill half the entry, launch, and any other fees or expenses. Lets go win one of these.....please help me out here I really need a partner. I know the lake well and I think this could be easy money if only someone would take me up on this. You can visit the marina online, just google wilgreen lake. Please dm me or reply if interested.

Jason

PS : I am pretty sure yhe tourneys are monday night 7-11wednesday night 7-11 friday night 7-1and sunday mornin 7-1

Post Thanks / Like
    Really easy money? Hmmmm

Post Thanks / Like
    Could be really easy. I mean there are some regulars like the Marcum guys and the Smith guy that owns the tire shop in Berea to contend with. They fish there all the time and know the lake pretty well and always produce some fish. I can go out with a bandit 300 and a shakey head and do as well as most anyone else. I think its worth a shot, if anyone is interested in partnering up then drop me a message and we will enter a tournanent soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do u fish there much?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger10263 View Post
    Do u fish there much?
    Since I lost my partner no. I used to fish there often it's probably been a year or so since I been there, didn't always fish the tournaments due to my work schedule. I cant imagine ole Wilgreen changing too much though,I have caught many a 5+ lb fish out of there. I would like to just get back out and get into the tournaments again, heck I don't even care if I could find someone to fish with for the sport of it and move in to the tournaments later on. The lake is a decent hole of water, it's a shame that the state is shocking it and taking lots of 2+ lb fish out of there to "study" them though. I would imagine that has made the fishing a little tougher, but on the flip side of that, with less 2 lb fish in there your chances of getting a big bite is increased somewhat. I remember here a while back a redbug trick worm on a shakey head was the best man, caught lots of fish with that one. A tournament I fished out there a few years back was my best fish ever. There's a downed tree not far from the ramp and we were on the way out to our first stop on the lake to fish and I tossed a buzzbait out and drug it over the tree limbs and a 6lb 4 ox largie hammered it and it seemed like heaven just rained down good fish the rest of the night. I do feel like maybe there's too many tournaments taking place out there, it's making it extremely pressured, but I'm always up for a challenge. You seem to be the only one in the conversation here, would you be interested in maybe heading down one evening and seeing if we can catch a few, we might hit it off and make a decent team.