Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lock wall

Post Thanks / Like

Outdoor News

Pick up a copy of the Tri-State Outdoor News next time your in the store , there is a article on sauger fishing below the dams and it talks about using bungee cords to hook the wall . Probably wouldn't be a good idea right now though .
    Come on spring !

Post Thanks / Like

Do they charge for that Tri-State Outdoor News?

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanic1 View Post
    Pick up a copy of the Tri-State Outdoor News next time your in the store , there is a article on sauger fishing below the dams and it talks about using bungee cords to hook the wall . Probably wouldn't be a good idea right now though .
    Come on spring !
    I think I was looking at that paper type magazine at Gander Mountain and they wanted almost 3 dollars for it. I know that there are some paper magazines that are free. (They are made out of news paper not shiny paper like in a real magazine and)

I guess the Ohio River is Raging right now at Newburgh Dam. But I heard yesterday on the radio that the river will drop by 6 ft. in a day or so. So I guess once all the melting snow water gets by us the River will fall back down to normal levels if we don't get a lot more rain or snow melt.

As far as I can tell there have not been too many guys fishing below the Dam at Newburgh. But then again I only checked the ramp parking lot a couple of times when the River level was down far enough to launch a boat from Newburgh.

A few years ago back in 2003 I was thinking about doing some cold water fishing myself. And I was trying to figure out a way to stay warm when out in the boat. I was trying to find a heat source that I could use to keep me warm. I bought one of those propane radiant type heaters that hooks up to a 20 lb propane tank and put the tank inside a plastic milk carton type storage box. The milk crate keep the propane tank from tipping over in the boat. But the heater was not able to keep me that warm as I could not keep the heat inside the boat with the wind blowing. So I gave up on the fishing in weather below 50 deg. Now 50 deg is not really that warm but after living with temps in the teens, 50 deg feels nice an toasty. But I really have turned into a spring time type fisherman. I fish best when it's 75 deg F outside and calm with a slight overcast. That's my favorite time to enjoy being out in the boat on the water. Don't get me wrong, I still fish when it's cold some times and will also be out there when it's 90 deg outside. But I think we would all agree that it's so much better when it's "sunny and 75" deg outside.