Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Gamo works for me

First off Gamo scopes are crap. Don't even bother mounting the one that came with the rifle and make sure and get a one piece base with a stop pin and then you will love the Gamo rifle. With a better scope mine now shoots cloverleafs or single holes at 12 yards.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Gamo Targel

Just so you would know what I am saying here is my last target from the Gamo..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MK.jpg 
Views:	629 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	15617

Post Thanks / Like

Gammo igt air rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    I found out that I don't like my Gamo Bone Collector Air Rifle. It's a spring loaded type air rifle and the recoil is way to powerful for the scope and it's mounts.

Long story short stay away from these type of air rifles. They may shoot at 1200 fps but the accuracy and the precision is so bad that you can't hit nothing.

I spent hours trying to sight in this air rifle only to find out that the scope moved along the rifle's mounting groves almost every time I pulled the trigger. I could not get the screws tight enough to hold the scope in place. I even applied some of that blue glue to the threads on the screws and that didn't work either.

My old Daisy Air Rifle has much better precision and accuracy and it not hard on the scope at all.

The Gamo rifle doesn't even have iron sites on the front or back of the rifle so you can't aim it without a scope.

Stay away from these scopes too. I bought one from Gander Mountain about a year ago and saved it until today. I finally cut it out of is packaging and tried to put it on my Gamo Air riles. Well one of the mounting screws was already stripped and would not tighten up. I finally got it mounted by taking screws from the older Gamo Scope that came on the rifle and using them to mount the new Gamo Scope to the Rifle.

Still the scope would not shoot with precision. The groups were all over the place at 30 yards. Once I got the scope dialed in using a lazer bore sight it still would move around with every couple of shots. The point of impact on the pellets keep going higher and I kept lowering the reticle to make the point of impact come back down. I got the screws as tight as I could with a ratchet wench and then used an allen wrench to tighten 4 of the other screws that hold the scope rings onto the rifle barrel.

Bottom line is that I wish I had never bought this gun now. Waste of money and a big waste of my time.

And the packaging says to not take the gun back to the store but to return it to the manufacture in Spain. Year right. I doubt that I will do that. I'll just eat the loss and move on.

I bought this gun to take care of some pesky squirrels that were raiding my bird feeders. But I've since caught and removed three of these squirrels with my Havahart Live Animal trap and I don't have a problem with squirrels anymore.
    First you can’t cite this weapon in like a rifle you have to account for kick the same way you sighti is the same way you need to shoot it always . The difference between a rifle and this pellet gun is the projectile leaves the barrel of a powdered weapon before the gun kicks . The difference between a rifle and this pellet gun is the projectile leaves the barrel of a powdered weapon before the gun kicks. A High-powered pellet rifle jumps before the pellets out of the barrel. How you hold it determines how much it’s going to high-powered pellet rifle jumps before the pellets out of the barrel. How you hold it determines how much is going to Jump. If your hold is at all different from shot to shot so will your AIM be. Dont use a vice. I had the same problem until I figured it out and now with the right pellet I can hit a quarter at 35 yards where is before there was just no telling where that pellet would end up. The right pellet it will make your groups tighter I don’t believe it’s the air gun. It sounds like you’re treating it like a rifle or lower power air gun.
    Bore Citing won’t work either because basically your scopes going to account for the kick and the pellet movement. Its tricky but once you get it youll enjoy it immensely

Post Thanks / Like

It's the cheap Gamo Scopes not the rifle so much

Quote Originally Posted by ricklacella951@gmail.com View Post
    First you can’t cite this weapon in like a rifle you have to account for kick the same way you sighti is the same way you need to shoot it always . The difference between a rifle and this pellet gun is the projectile leaves the barrel of a powdered weapon before the gun kicks . The difference between a rifle and this pellet gun is the projectile leaves the barrel of a powdered weapon before the gun kicks. A High-powered pellet rifle jumps before the pellets out of the barrel. How you hold it determines how much it’s going to high-powered pellet rifle jumps before the pellets out of the barrel. How you hold it determines how much is going to Jump. If your hold is at all different from shot to shot so will your AIM be. Dont use a vice. I had the same problem until I figured it out and now with the right pellet I can hit a quarter at 35 yards where is before there was just no telling where that pellet would end up. The right pellet it will make your groups tighter I don’t believe it’s the air gun. It sounds like you’re treating it like a rifle or lower power air gun.
    Bore Citing won’t work either because basically your scopes going to account for the kick and the pellet movement. Its tricky but once you get it youll enjoy it immensely
    It's the scope that falls apart after a few shots that's the problem. I got a new scope from another company that I will mount and try out. I'm not shooting the gamo very much any more. Some dumb ass purchased the property downrange from my shooting range and built three **** condos on the property. I can't shoot in my own yard anymore as I'm now surrounded by houses in all 4 directions. Development *****!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    It's the scope that falls apart after a few shots that's the problem. I got a new scope from another company that I will mount and try out. I'm not shooting the gamo very much any more. Some dumb ass purchased the property downrange from my shooting range and built three **** condos on the property. I can't shoot in my own yard anymore as I'm now surrounded by houses in all 4 directions. Development *****!
    So he's a dumbass for buying land and building condos.......

Post Thanks / Like

No he is just a dumb guy

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    So he's a dumbass for buying land and building condos.......
    He was a dumb guy even before he developed the property. He cut down three 80 year old Oak trees that were on the property and destroyed the other trees. He commercialized the property that was once a open yard. Now he runs his construction business within sight of a mostly residential area.

He went and got a big water pump and pumped the water out of his lake over the road into my back yard for three days one time in the past He pumped the water up the hill to the top of the roadway and then across the road. That's why I called him that name. He used an 1 1/2" fire hose to do that job for three whole days and nights.

Post Thanks / Like

New Walther Scope mounted on Whisper Fusion Elite Air Rifle

Mounted this new Walther's Air Rifle Scope that I got at Gander Mountain. BTW Gander is no longer in Evansville now. But I got the scope a few years ago before they closed up here in Evansville. The Gamo Whisper Fusion Elite comes with a one piece scope mount (high type) and a shock absorbing base that mounts to the top of the rifle's using 11 mm dove tailed groves in the top of the receiver. There is a scope stop built into the rear end o fthe base mount. Two screws with 20 torx heads hold the scope stop part and three other screws hold the base onto the receiver. Then there are 3 screws (T15) that hold the one piece scope mount on top of the base. Then there are 8 screws that hold the scope in the scope rings. All screws were cleaned and dried using acetone. Then they are screwed into the devises using a Wheeler Fat Wrench using 25 ft/lbs of torque. The scope when mounted all the way back into the rings as far as it would go still gave me way too much eye relief. That can lead to a lot of parallax problems if your eye, Ocular Lens, reticle, objective lens and the target are not all lined up properly. Even if you have an AO adjustable scope you can still have some parallax problems if you cheek weld is not the same with each shot. And someone else said that if you don't hold an air rifle with a spring or IGT piston the same way each time the shots precision can go to H.

I was shooting this new Gamo Whisper Fusion Elite Inert Gas Technology Rifle and it was shooting ok.

Then I decided to try moving the base further back toward the rear to shorten the eye relief to that I could see the entire scope without having to move my head forward. Moving my head forward to elimite the shadow around the scope view was not comfortable. So I removed the base and the base shock absorber and replaced it after cleaning the screws and applying the blue locktite to the screw's threads. I torqued all the screws down and will wait for 24 hours to let the Permatex Threadlocker Blue dry completely.

This Walther scope is a cheap scope so I don't expect it to last long on any of these Gamo IGT air rifles. I will look into buying a better scope that won't fall apart like all the Gamo Air Rifle Scopes that came with Bone Collector and the Whisper Fusion Elite guns. I also tried on of the Gamo scopes that sold separately and has a light and laser mounted on the scope. That scope setup failed due to the excessive shock waves that travel though the system when you shoot these type of air rifles.

The local Gun store (Buck and Jakes) sells the HAWKE Air Rifle Scopes but they cost more than both my Gamo Air Rifles.

I have some gray squirrels that I need to get rid of. They live in a maple tree in my parents back yard and in the summer they eat all the blueberries in the only blueberry bush that we have. We had over 15 blueberry bushes planted in the back yard and all but one of them died. There were three or four gray squirrels that were eating the blueberries every day. Then there are about 3 or 4 Fox Squirrls that come into the yard to eat the blueberries. It's squirrel hunting season now. And I may bring the Havaheart Live Animal Trap here at my parents house to trap some squirrels for relocation.

I gave up on the Gamo Bone Collector Air Rifle for now. Gamo doesn't seem to sell the shock absorbing back stop base anymore as I can't find it on their web site anymore. The Gamo Whisper Fusion Elite has some mechanical sights ( iron sights) on the barrel and I need some higher scope rings to see over those iron sights.

I want to get ride of these squirrels but are they worth spending $450 for a good air rifle scope to solve my shooting accuracy and precision problems?

On a side know I finally picked up a new Walther's PPQ SC 9 mm handgun. I'm going to clean it up and take it to the range and check it out. I'm carrying a little Ruger LC9S Pro right now but it only has 7 rounds. The Walther PPQ SC Law Enforcement version came with three magazines. One is full sized with a capacity of 15 9 mm bullets and the other two magazines hold only 10 rounds each. There is a sleeve that came with the gun that helps with the grip/hand hold. The gun wil be my everyday carry pistol. I was using an Aliengear double single stack magazine holder but one of the buckets broke on it. So I just keep this in my vehicle. I have two extra 7 round magazines that I can carry in this Aliengear Mag holder. I have another Aliengear double magazine double stack for 9 mm that I used with my Walther PPQ M2 4" semiautomatic pistol. That guns is great but it's bigger and I wanted the Walther's PPQ SC which only has a 3" barrel and it's ligher weight. Being smaller and lighter helps with comfort when you carry a gun around all day. And if the gun is not comfortable you may not carry it. What good is that?

Post Thanks / Like

Giving Gamo's one more try.

Since I spend so much money on two of these Gamo Air Rifles I've decided to give them one more try. I remounted the scopes on both rifles. One is the Gamo Bone Collector with a Gamo Scope on it. It came that way from the store. The other is the Gamo Whispter Fusion Elite with a gamo riser, gamo one piece scope ring and a Walther scope.

I mounted both scopes and risers using blue Loctite on the threads of all the screws and then used a Wheeler Fatmat Torque Wrench to tighten the screws down to 25 ft/lbs of torque.

I took the rifles out and zeroed the scopes in at 20 yards. I shot about 10 times with each rifle and they were grouping pretty good. Now time will tell if the scope base and the scopes will stay in place on the rifle's receivers. The rifles have 11 mm dovetails on the receivers for mounting the scope bases or scope rings. The Bone Collector has two scope rings that are mounted directly to the dovetailed groves on the rifle. I added a gamo scope stop behind the back ring. I hope that he absorbed the shock wave of the IGT rifle and prevents the scope rings from moving backwards on the rifle's dovetailed mounting groves on the rifle's receiver.

All I want is to shoot some of the squirrels in the yard that eat my blueberries in the blueberries bush. They ate way too many of our blueberries this last summer at my parents house.

Post Thanks / Like

too many gray squirrels.

I think I have the 4th generation of gray squirrels in my parents back yard now. The babies grew up and are having babies. There are three holes in two maple trees that house these squirrels. The one maple tree has two holes in it now. One up higher than the original hole. I didn't see the higher up hole until recently. There are families of gray squirrels living in the lower hole and a different family in the upper hole. They like to chase each other around the tree during late November and early December. I guess it's the mating season again.

My Primos Gen II Shooting sticks quick working. The mechanism inside the tubing rusted and won't allow me to adjust the length of the shooting sticks anymore. I tried to fix it but it's too far gone. Poor design IMHO. I never hunted in the rain so I don't know how any water got inside the tubing to make the parts rust up. These gray squirrels are quick and run fast.

I hunted gray squirrels down at KY lake one time and found that they travel through the treetops quickly when they spot you. I was hunting in a relatively young forest. The trees were not mature and were shorter than most older trees. So the squirrels would travel from treetop to treetop in the next tree and not stop. They ran away. Now I found that Fox Squirrels will tend to just hide on the other side of a tree. So they act differently when danger is nearby.

My parent's house has a couple of 60-year-old maple trees. Two in the back next to each other so the squirrels can jump from one tree to the next one. Then there is another 60-year-old maple on the West Side of the House. There is a hole in that tree that houses a family of gray squirrels. Then there are five maple trees in the front yard that house some more gray squirrel families. I've not seen any holes in those trees yet but I'm sure there are some holes somewhere in those 5 different 60-year-old maple trees. So I have plenty of targets to shoot.

Now I just need to get the Gamo IGT rifle's scope working better. The last time I shot it I hung an aluminum pie pan with a string in the blueberry bush. I measured the distance from my shooting table to the blueberry bush and it was about 40 big steps. I can hit the pan but can't hit it in the very middle where I am aiming. The pellets spread out about 3 or 4 inches from the center of the pie pan. So that makes it hard to precisely hit a small 2" spot every time. When I shoot at the gray squirrels it's hard to hit them as they never hold still for long.

Now in the past, I had a semi-auto pellet gun 1077 model made by Crosman. But the seals on the CO2 tank failed and would not hold the CO2 gas. It had a round plastic pellet magazine that rotated and feeds pellets into the receiver after you fired it. I killed a lot of fox squirrels in my back yard with that gun. Even a new gun failed me as the seal went bad on that gun shortly after I got it. I bought a CO2 tank adaptor so that I could use a larger tank of CO2 gas. But that made the seals inside the rifle fail and it would not work with the adaptor and larger tanks of CO2 gas or with the smaller CO2 cartridges. The Crosman Authorized repair shop told me that they were not worth the cost to repair them. And now that shop is closed. So I will have to find a new Crosman authorized repair shop to see if they can fix my two Crosman 1077 rifles. If not then I'll just have to junk them both. But they were nice when they worked. I could fire multiple shots at a squirrel and that gun was a lot more accurate than the Gamo IGT pellet Rifles.

I see that Crosman now sells some AR15 like semiauto CO2 rifles but they only shoot bb's from what I saw. I need to go look at their web site again and see if they sell any semi-auto pellet rifles. And I still need to buy another shooting bipod stick or maybe a tripod. I may get a good one this time and use it for my real AR15 when hunting coyotes in the future.