Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Gamo works for me

First off Gamo scopes are crap. Don't even bother mounting the one that came with the rifle and make sure and get a one piece base with a stop pin and then you will love the Gamo rifle. With a better scope mine now shoots cloverleafs or single holes at 12 yards.

Post Thanks / Like

Gamo Targel

Just so you would know what I am saying here is my last target from the Gamo..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MK.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	15617

Post Thanks / Like

Gammo igt air rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    I found out that I don't like my Gamo Bone Collector Air Rifle. It's a spring loaded type air rifle and the recoil is way to powerful for the scope and it's mounts.

Long story short stay away from these type of air rifles. They may shoot at 1200 fps but the accuracy and the precision is so bad that you can't hit nothing.

I spent hours trying to sight in this air rifle only to find out that the scope moved along the rifle's mounting groves almost every time I pulled the trigger. I could not get the screws tight enough to hold the scope in place. I even applied some of that blue glue to the threads on the screws and that didn't work either.

My old Daisy Air Rifle has much better precision and accuracy and it not hard on the scope at all.

The Gamo rifle doesn't even have iron sites on the front or back of the rifle so you can't aim it without a scope.

Stay away from these scopes too. I bought one from Gander Mountain about a year ago and saved it until today. I finally cut it out of is packaging and tried to put it on my Gamo Air riles. Well one of the mounting screws was already stripped and would not tighten up. I finally got it mounted by taking screws from the older Gamo Scope that came on the rifle and using them to mount the new Gamo Scope to the Rifle.

Still the scope would not shoot with precision. The groups were all over the place at 30 yards. Once I got the scope dialed in using a lazer bore sight it still would move around with every couple of shots. The point of impact on the pellets keep going higher and I kept lowering the reticle to make the point of impact come back down. I got the screws as tight as I could with a ratchet wench and then used an allen wrench to tighten 4 of the other screws that hold the scope rings onto the rifle barrel.

Bottom line is that I wish I had never bought this gun now. Waste of money and a big waste of my time.

And the packaging says to not take the gun back to the store but to return it to the manufacture in Spain. Year right. I doubt that I will do that. I'll just eat the loss and move on.

I bought this gun to take care of some pesky squirrels that were raiding my bird feeders. But I've since caught and removed three of these squirrels with my Havahart Live Animal trap and I don't have a problem with squirrels anymore.
    First you canít cite this weapon in like a rifle you have to account for kick the same way you sighti is the same way you need to shoot it always . The difference between a rifle and this pellet gun is the projectile leaves the barrel of a powdered weapon before the gun kicks . The difference between a rifle and this pellet gun is the projectile leaves the barrel of a powdered weapon before the gun kicks. A High-powered pellet rifle jumps before the pellets out of the barrel. How you hold it determines how much itís going to high-powered pellet rifle jumps before the pellets out of the barrel. How you hold it determines how much is going to Jump. If your hold is at all different from shot to shot so will your AIM be. Dont use a vice. I had the same problem until I figured it out and now with the right pellet I can hit a quarter at 35 yards where is before there was just no telling where that pellet would end up. The right pellet it will make your groups tighter I donít believe itís the air gun. It sounds like youíre treating it like a rifle or lower power air gun.
    Bore Citing wonít work either because basically your scopes going to account for the kick and the pellet movement. Its tricky but once you get it youll enjoy it immensely

Post Thanks / Like

It's the cheap Gamo Scopes not the rifle so much

Quote Originally Posted by ricklacella951@gmail.com View Post
    First you canít cite this weapon in like a rifle you have to account for kick the same way you sighti is the same way you need to shoot it always . The difference between a rifle and this pellet gun is the projectile leaves the barrel of a powdered weapon before the gun kicks . The difference between a rifle and this pellet gun is the projectile leaves the barrel of a powdered weapon before the gun kicks. A High-powered pellet rifle jumps before the pellets out of the barrel. How you hold it determines how much itís going to high-powered pellet rifle jumps before the pellets out of the barrel. How you hold it determines how much is going to Jump. If your hold is at all different from shot to shot so will your AIM be. Dont use a vice. I had the same problem until I figured it out and now with the right pellet I can hit a quarter at 35 yards where is before there was just no telling where that pellet would end up. The right pellet it will make your groups tighter I donít believe itís the air gun. It sounds like youíre treating it like a rifle or lower power air gun.
    Bore Citing wonít work either because basically your scopes going to account for the kick and the pellet movement. Its tricky but once you get it youll enjoy it immensely
    It's the scope that falls apart after a few shots that's the problem. I got a new scope from another company that I will mount and try out. I'm not shooting the gamo very much any more. Some dumb ass purchased the property downrange from my shooting range and built three **** condos on the property. I can't shoot in my own yard anymore as I'm now surrounded by houses in all 4 directions. Development *****!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    It's the scope that falls apart after a few shots that's the problem. I got a new scope from another company that I will mount and try out. I'm not shooting the gamo very much any more. Some dumb ass purchased the property downrange from my shooting range and built three **** condos on the property. I can't shoot in my own yard anymore as I'm now surrounded by houses in all 4 directions. Development *****!
    So he's a dumbass for buying land and building condos.......

Post Thanks / Like

No he is just a dumb guy

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    So he's a dumbass for buying land and building condos.......
    He was a dumb guy even before he developed the property. He cut down three 80 year old Oak trees that were on the property and destroyed the other trees. He commercialized the property that was once a open yard. Now he runs his construction business within sight of a mostly residential area.

He went and got a big water pump and pumped the water out of his lake over the road into my back yard for three days one time in the past He pumped the water up the hill to the top of the roadway and then across the road. That's why I called him that name. He used an 1 1/2" fire hose to do that job for three whole days and nights.