Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bank Fishing Show Host passes away

Donnie Houser creator, producer, talent, sometimes camera man, and sound man of Donnies Bank Fishing Show passed away August 6th. The show ran for 16 years on the Louisville's public access cable channel. Many times Donnie would just put a camera on a tripod and walk out in front of it and fish. Sometimes the the birds chirping were the biggest thing going on. No editing whatsoever. If it happened at the pond it was shown on TV. That is what was good about the show. It was "just fishin" as the most of us experience it.

I had the pleasure of meeting Donnie several times. He always showed up in his camo show attire and would frequently be recognized in public when wearing it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	donnie-houser.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	6058

Donnie really had the personality to host a fishin show and often funny. He coined the "fish sammich" gesture. Make a big "C" (see photo below)w ith your hand in front of your face and say "fish sammich". That's what you do when the fish is big enough to eat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sammich.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	6059

Here a couple of the shows which I edited and put on the site. They are in flash so it you are using an aple product you won't be able to view.

http://fishin.com/video/donnie-bank-...eb-hensley.htm
    http://fishin.com/video/donnie-bank-...t-bluegill.htm

Here are the details of his service this Saturday. My guess is if you go fishing attire and camo would be appropriate. Just a guess.

----
    A memorial celebration of Donnie's life will be 11:30 a.m., Saturday, August 24, 2013 at Newcomer Funeral Home, 235 Juneau Drive, with visitation starting at 11a.m.

More info.

http://m.newcomerkentuckiana.com/obi...le&st=Kentucky

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never seen the show but watched a little of what you posted, he seemed like a genuine and super guy.
    RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Forty-six is much to young, my prayers are with his family.

Post Thanks / Like
    I met Donnie at the Gaslight Tavern, when he was having a fish fry for the Crusade for Children. I donated some bluegill filets to the cause. We fished together and filmed a show at a pond in Charlestown Indiana. Donnie and his wife, "the camera lady" were a ball to be around!. I'm Proud to say I was on his fishing show! Every time he caught a keeper bluegill, he would hold his hand in Cee position and loudly say "FISH SAMMICH"! Donnie was a character to say the least, he was one of a kind!

Post Thanks / Like
    Never saw the show until today. I might have watched it more if I had known.

46 is much too young.

My condolences to friends and family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Watched the show a few times, and as bad as the filming was, it still was fun to watch because of Donnie's personality......prayers go out to his friends and family......