Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

DEad Asian Carp at Upper

My buddy Kevin told me he went to the upper last week , the dam was completley off and he stated there was hundreds of dead Asian Carp down there. He said the smell was horrible

This species is really causing some adverse reactions in the River .The eat plankton and that would be competing with the shad populations

Last week we went up to the Upper River ,put in @ Duffy's ...wen to my smallie hole and it was way too muddy & too much current to do any good so we ran to Harrods creek ....Thise asian carp were stacked in their and everytime I hit my trolling motor I would spook them . The water was claer in there and you could see these nasty things just hovering about 6in under the surface .You should go to YOU TUBE and search Asian CArp and watch the videos of them jumping in the boat and smacking a guy in the face...unreal

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess that's one way to kill those things!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfw View Post
    My buddy Kevin told me he went to the upper last week , the dam was completley off and he stated there was hundreds of dead Asian Carp down there. He said the smell was horrible

This species is really causing some adverse reactions in the River .The eat plankton and that would be competing with the shad populations

Last week we went up to the Upper River ,put in @ Duffy's ...wen to my smallie hole and it was way too muddy & too much current to do any good so we ran to Harrods creek ....Thise asian carp were stacked in their and everytime I hit my trolling motor I would spook them . The water was claer in there and you could see these nasty things just hovering about 6in under the surface .You should go to YOU TUBE and search Asian CArp and watch the videos of them jumping in the boat and smacking a guy in the face...unreal
    I foul hooked one in the side and when I noticed it was an Asian carp I was pissed so we took it and killed it I hate those things

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherman14 View Post
    I foul hooked one in the side and when I noticed it was an Asian carp I was pissed so we took it and killed it I hate those things
    I catch them all the time, and they are a blast. Here in Indiana you have to kill them and cannot return them to the water. They make excellent predator bait

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM4A1 View Post
    I catch them all the time, and they are a blast. Here in Indiana you have to kill them and cannot return them to the water. They make excellent predator bait
    Let us know how you catch them. Omly way I have ever caught them is when they jump in thw boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Let us know how you catch them. Omly way I have ever caught them is when they jump in thw boat.
    I snag them on spoons and swimbaits. Not on purpose though

Post Thanks / Like
    its a bit ridiculous that snagging them is not legal but whatever. had a smaller. one only 14 lbs, jump in the boat a little while back. thought it was going to break a few rods when it jumped in. released him for turtle food after he was gutted haha

Post Thanks / Like
    I shoot the suckers with a bow. Talk about non stop action and alot of fun. I've thought about trying to eat em but haven't had the courage to do it yet. Anyone else ever eat em? I've seen on Kentucky afield where Tim farmer swears that their good but he eats anything and everything and says its good so I don't know about it. I usually just give em away to the mexican and asian folk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me and my fishing partner kill them every chance we get. Have not tried them for bait but may now that I heard they worked. KFDW pulled us out of the water at the falls last year and told us to kill them and throw them back in the water. So that's what I do.

Post Thanks / Like
    We kill everyone we catch and will continue to do so......Kill'em all

Post Thanks / Like

Bow Fishing

I would like to shoot a few of these nasty fish. Is it easier to find them above or below the dam?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolin Addict View Post
    I would like to shoot a few of these nasty fish. Is it easier to find them above or below the dam?
    Honestly when I bowfished the Ohio I looked for them fish stacked up in creeks. But it didn't matter the suckers are easy to find everywhere. Personally I prefer shooting below taylorsville because of its small size and its just plum full with carp. Easy shooting