Search Fishin.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    Maybe I am missing something, but how can they afford to pay that much? I haven't been to a pay lake in a while, but don't most charge in the $12 range for someone to fish and let them keep about five fish for that price? If they pay anywhere near those prices to stock the fish, it seems like they would run themselves out of business in no time.

Maybe if they were having a big fish contest that particular lake would pay that for one big fish, but I can't imagine they pay that as a going rate to stock their fish. Plus wouldn't they would need a more reliable guaranteed source in order to meet the demands of their regular scheduled stocking?

I am not trying to belittle the problem this thread is bringing to everyone's attention, because obviously there is a problem and for whatever reasons it sounds like too many people are taking way too many fish. I am just trying to understand the numbers.
    what I have been told about the pay lakes that have the blues is that you are not allowed to take the fish from the pay lake. It has to be released. I don't know though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by restornator View Post
    sorry, but this is an immoral way to make a living, and how do you know how hard it is?
    This is a seriously silly comment. Commercial fishermen are very restricted in what they can do and work extremely hard. Educate yourself on a subject before making comments.

Post Thanks / Like
    What I want to know is How is the Fishing on KY Lake on or close to the Oct meeting Oct 26th, I am coming to the meeting was thinking about a fishing trip at the same time "5 HR TRIP One Way" have a 18 ft Targa will probably stay at Sportsman lodge on Jonathons creek Or am Open to sugestions I will fish for anything but seem to always have a line out for cats

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    . Commercial fishermen are very restricted in what they can do.....
    Huh? I'm sure you're not speaking to the 24/7/365 completely unrestricted regs currently in place but rather their ability to earn a living doing something else?

Are they somehow more restricted than the 100s of thousands of blue collar Americans that lose their jobs on an annual basis due to no fault of their own?

Is their ability to go and get an education and learn new skills more restricted than others?

Please educate us on these so called restrictions that only apply to this group.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider View Post
    Huh? I'm sure you're not speaking to the 24/7/365 completely unrestricted regs currently in place but rather their ability to earn a living doing something else?Are they somehow more restricted than the 100s of thousands of blue collar Americans that lose their jobs on an annual basis due to no fault of their own?Is their ability to go and get an education and learn new skills more restricted than others?Please educate us on these so called restrictions that only apply to this group.
    http://fw.ky.gov/navigation.aspx?cid...742C780educate yourself, I'm not doing your homework for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tim I'm not sure what you're trying to link to but there are no restrictions on catfish.

I'm done with this post - I hope some of you can make the meeting.